forum

Custom position for skin images

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
Could this be possible? I mean something like this:

The yellow triangles are from a game, currently the skin displays a ! when the yellow triangles go out. But t would neater if the position could be customized. And maybe even a bit more animated objects.(If you've seen the game this is from, you'll know why) Maybe the scorebar-background.png? It looks really cheap right now because of that. Any chance that this can somehow be implemented? The animated part isn't necessary, but how about positioning certain images, having a new category in the ini?
An64fan
I brought this up concerning certain skin elements such as the pause and scoring screens not too long ago in this topic. :P

And, yeah, I would like. There could be a section in the skin folder to specify coordinates for where you want elements to appear, and osu! could just use the standard positions if there was the absence of any specified coordinates.
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
Damn, I guess I didn't look hard enough. :P the second page was enough for me. :D

Also, vertical pause buttons would be more fun. :) I tried it once with huge failure. I had the idea, but transparency still counts and hitting the button.

Oh crap, barely realized it WAS on the second page. :o
Metroid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
cyanberryio

Metroid wrote:

If you mean to have objects animated, just make each frame and number them after the image name...
The endpoint.png I think or whatever shows the spacing on maps between beats within a combo, in my Chem plant map are animated and so is dumpster diver's guilty gear skin's HPbar
are only some animateable? (not a word but wth)

or was that changed, and they forgot to fix the faq?

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq#c9

How about adding a rate at which items are animated. It was a pain in the ass to make the spinning SOS thing, then I relaized it went effing FAST! Now I'm doing that, but at 5 degrees rotated each frame. :(
Metroid

Alex0686 wrote:

Metroid wrote:

If you mean to have objects animated, just make each frame and number them after the image name...
The endpoint.png I think or whatever shows the spacing on maps between beats within a combo, in my Chem plant map are animated and so is dumpster diver's guilty gear skin's HPbar
are only some animateable? (not a word but wth)

or was that changed, and they forgot to fix the faq?

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq#c9

How about adding a rate at which items are animated. It was a pain in the ass to make the spinning SOS thing, then I relaized it went effing FAST! Now I'm doing that, but at 5 degrees rotated each frame. :(
some are, some aren't you'll have to check and see.
and I think it animated whatever frames you got within 1 second. So if you have 180 frames, you get 180 FPS of that image..
5 and you get 5 FPS of the image.