forum

[Web] Allow mod queue creators to unlock their own queue

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +34
Topic Starter
theowest
SPOILER
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/60

You are given the option to lock your topic but not to unlock it. BATs however can already do this, why can't we?

As it's already something specifically for mod queues, it'd be great to lock and unlock your topic every time you can mod more beatmaps. open/closed.

This request would solve these problems: t/65133

akrolsmir wrote:

Actually, why can't we unlock our own queues yet?

Breeze wrote:

yoshi, I had to say, MATs could not unlock a topic :/
Here's the thread where they requested the ability for you to lock your mod queue: t/30203?hilit=unlock

Derekku wrote:

I don't see the harm in this, so... [Added]!

EDIT: Hold that thought... It seems that users wouldn't be able to unlock their threads once locked, and thus this may actually be more trouble than it's worth. Sorry for the false hope. :o

NoHitter wrote:

Well, people who do ask to BATs to lock their queues more or less also ask them to unlock after a while.
At least with what you did, they only need to ask a BAt to unlock it. (Once vs Twice)
I'm suggesting a change with an addition to this phpbb, not just an addition and no change to the current system which would cause problems.

Would work together with this: t/85389, the person you give your permissions to, could also lock and unlock the thread.

I did some research and found out that it isn't easy to implement with this phpbb. I guess it would be better if this request was waiting until osu!web works differently.
Saten
if lock exist, why not unlock as well?
seems pointless otherwise

inb4 /me accidently locks the thread and cannot unlock it FFFFF

Support of course
Topic Starter
theowest

Saten wrote:

inb4 /me accidently locks the thread and cannot unlock it FFFFF
happened to me once.

oh cool, I can lock my thread!
later...
WWHYY
ann_old
Sounds good. Support.
Sakura
I haven't messed enough with phpbb (when i still had my own forums) to know if this is possible or not, considering this would need to allow thread creators to post/edit in their on threads regardless of if it's locked or not to allow them to unlock them.
Soaprman
Most forum software keeps lock/unlock buttons right on the thread view for people who can lock/unlock threads. Not sure if phpBB is different in that regard, but even if it is, it wouldn't be a very difficult thing to add.
Sakura
The mod menu works based on forum priviledges i think, so it would be hard to code it so it's only availaible on your own threads, and even then, the forum privs would probably make everyone able to post in locked threads, which is against the point of locking it.

Is it that hard to ask a BAT to unlock a mod queue?
haha5957
Personally I don't think saying "is it that hard to ask a BAT for ..." doesnt make something not needed. like, asking a BAT before submitting beatmap wouldn't be that hard but it's lame to do that. So Why not? it reduces your work and I think It can be very helpful for modding queue.
Topic Starter
theowest
Almost all queues are based on the idea of closing and opening. If you could lock and unlock, it would be much easier. It'll make sure people don't post anyway, which happens all the time.
Sakura

theowest wrote:

Almost all queues are based on the idea of closing and opening. If you could lock and unlock, it would be much easier. It'll make sure people don't post anyway, which happens all the time.
That's not the point, what im saying is that i don't know if with phpbb is possible to do that without allowing everyone to be able to post on locked threads in that forum like moderators do.
Topic Starter
theowest
SPOILER
Now I don't know how that stuff works, but if we can lock our threads in one specific forum only, then I'm sure we could unlock them in there too. If this would cause any problem, let's say everyone being able to post on locked threads, then I'm sure that will be fixed and limited somehow.

I'm suggesting a change with an addition to this phpbb, not just an addition and no change to the current system which would cause problems.

I did some research and found out that it isn't easy to implement with this phpbb. I guess it would be better if this request was waiting until osu!web works differently.
No Dap
bump

because I'm sick of people posting after I post "CLOSED"

/me runs
Groumiezi
^owyes

i do not want a spam in my queue (lol)
please .-.
ColdTooth
Agreed w/ No Dap, and I think the possibility to allow other users to edit your queue, like if 3 people are in your queue, you can allow them to post their rules on the main post. (I'm really bad at explaining)
-Kanzaki
Bump
Bara-
Yes please
Jing Yuan
how is this not a thing
WingSilent
Sure.
Kagetsu
it should be "allow mod queue creators to lock/unlock their own queue" ... but yea, i totally support this
Bara-
Everyone used to be able to lock their own queues. When Did that got removed?