forum

Flow - GO!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on vrijdag 3 april 2009 at 21:52:46

Artist: Flow
Title: GO!!! (Full Version)
Source: Naruto
Tags: Intro Anime Theme Naruto OP Opening
BPM: 133,97
Filesize: 7105kb
Play Time: 03:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3,08 stars, 272 notes)
Download: Flow - GO!!! (Full Version)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap.
Only one difficulty so far and it turned out rather long, but overall I'm happy with the results for a first one.
Let me know what you think.

Updates:
1. Fixed small timing issue
2. Another small thing I overlooked
3. Another timing adjustment
4. Another version of the mp3, a lot of timing thingies and a fixed BPM
5. Moved some stuff around (spacing issues), fixed BPM and some more things
6. Moved about everything around. Spacing should be fine now.
7. I updated quite some things, but Osu! wouldn't accept the new beatmap as being the same as this one. I hope I fixed it. Added some (lame) storyboarding, as well as a small part of two other difficulties. I don't know whether these difficulties show up. If not, I'll probably start again, as both are done very badly. As for the images in the storyboard, they are from an official wallpaper, and a screencap, and I cut them out myself, which is why they look so bad :P
8. Removed the other difficulties because they were bad and not ready for modding anyway.

There are two points I don't really like. I will try to fix them myself first.
Until then, just try and see whether you like it.
I'm getting sick of this background, so I will try to get something nice for next update ^^
An64fan
SHIIIII- MY EARS!!!!

Now my head hurts... :( Bad quality mp3 is bad. This is from the PV... I know that much. I lost a lot of respect for the song for a while from the PV. In any case, though, first thing you should do is get a better quality mp3. I myself have three different versions of the song (full, tv edit, and vocalless), all in good quality, and you may use one of my better mp3s. :)

Fix the mp3 and then I'll take another look... My ears hurt terribly and I can't possibly stand to mod this in its current state.

Another note as well, I'm pretty sure your bpm's probably off, just by watching the osu! button pulse... I'll look further into that along with everything else after you've gotten a good mp3 and fixed everything up (you'll need to adjust everything to a new offset after switching to a new mp3).
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Huh?
This mp3 sounds fine to me...
I'll look into it later today.
And for the BPM: yes, it is off.
I changed something, and forgot to put it back.
Will also be fixed later today. Don't worry, the timing is fine :P (to me at least)

Next week I will have some time to make some other difficulties, but I'm sure enough things are wrong with this that I will have to fix first ^^
An64fan
I assure you, there's some high-pitched noise in the background of your mp3 that seriously makes my ears bleed. :(

Oh, and if you change the mp3, make sure that you full resubmit.
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
I seriously hear nothing strange...
Oh well, I will replace the mp3 and fix the BPM =)
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
This is taking a bit longer than expected, because the mp3 you gave me had no intro and a different BPM, and for some reason the last part is slightly different.
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
And finally I am done...
New mp3 ^^
For some reason the timing cost ages, and for some strange reason I had to redo all the "dreamers" sliders (and only those :P)
I'm not sure if it's all great now... I still feel the timing is not as it should be.
Please comment.
An64fan
Putting the double-posting aside, here goes nothing:

I found that 2,353 worked better as an offset, not that I'm the most accurate though. But offset is something that can be adjusted without too much troubles thankfully.

00:02:29 (1) - Move forward (<- That way) 1/4 beat and lengthen 1/4 beat.
00:08:11 (4) - Move forward 1 beat.
00:10:24 (2) - Move back (This way ->) 1/4 beat, and shorten by 1/4.
00:13:82 (2) - Back 1/4, shortened 1/4.
00:17:40 (2) - Above.
00:18:41 (3) - ^
01:07:56 (4) - ^
01:11:15 (2) - ^
01:14:73 (2) - ^
01:57:73 (4) - ^
02:01:31 (2) - ^
02:04:89 (2) - ^
02:55:05 (10) - ^
03:02:22 (2) - ^
03:05:02 (1) - I personally find this sounds better shortened 1 beat, though it's not really wrong as it is now (just would sound better I think).
03:09:38 (4) - Back 1/4, shortened 1/4.
03:12:97 (2) - ^
03:16:55 (2) - ^

A spinner at the very end might sound good. This could also really use another break earlier on in the song.

And I think your bmp might be a touch fast, but then again, my sense of timing isn't with me today. :|

Lastly, as awesome as this map is, some work on spacing will be needed. The beat spacing part of this topic or the FAQ should serve as good resources. :)

I'll be looking forward to further work on this map. =3
vytalibus
BPM is 133.95

00:11:25 (3) - The way this slider follows the previous pattern, it might be unintuitive position-wise. Adjust this one so that it's far away enough. (Also, since this kind of problem is common with this map, I'll label this as "*" because I'm too friggin' lazy to repeat.)
00:14:83 (3) - *
00:16:62 (1) - Some modders might consider putting this closer to the previous slider.
00:18:41 (3) - *
01:08:57 (5) - *
01:12:16 (3) - *
01:26:71 (1) - Make this a break instead. The end of this spinner must be the first of the next section.
??:??:?? - I'm not a fan of copy-pasting a long section. If you can, you should think of other patterns or even just a change in placement of notes for the next verse.
01:56:05 (1,2) - Adjust accordingly. (1) is too close to (5).
01:58:73 (5) - *
02:02:32 (3) - *
02:05:90 (3) - *
02:56:09 (1) - *
02:59:67 (3) - *
03:07:73 (1,2) - Same problem with 01:56:05
03:10:42 (5) - *
03:14:00 (3) - *
03:17:59 (3) - *

Long story short, your map has spacing issues. I suggest you look this up under FAQ, inside "Map Design Issues" and click on "Unintuitive Spacing" to learn more about proper spacing and what to avoid.

On the other hand, I want to volunteer to make the Easy difficulty of this map. This is not only to add a difficulty for your map, but also to show you how to space accordingly. PM me with your decision. :)
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Thanks Vytalibus! That BPM did it :P
Now it sounds right again ^^

Thanks a lot, both of you, for the help.

I changed quite a few of the spacings and added some more variety at some points, as well as a spinner at the end.
I replaced one spinner by a break, but it was actually too short to feel like a break to me.
The new placement may not be optimal, but I think it's a bit better now.
Just...
About some of the things An64fan said I'm in doubt. Mostly the first one, for it seems fine here.

And then the "dreamers" parts ("^"). In my first versions it was like that. But then I tried this and liked it better.
Now I'm not sure about it... I would like to ask someone else to test one, to check which one is better.
It seems to me shifting 1/4 beat is still quite long.

I hope it's a little better now at least.

And Vytalibus, before any other difficulties are added, I'd rather finish this one first. I will not put a video in but I may do some storyboarding. After I think this one is done, I'd like you to help me ^^

Anyway, I probably won't be working on this for the rest of the week. Feel free to add comments. I will probably not change anything until friday evening (EST) though.
Vexed_old
I looked into this map last night and modded for like an hr and submitted. The site then lost all my work :[[[[ }:/
ANyway, There is still alot and i mean alot of spacing to be corrected. Alot of the slider combos need to either stack end to beginning or be spaced correctly. In other areas, you have have a slider and a note over lapping the end of it when you have a full stanza distance on the time line. This goes on through the whole map. There are many other spacing issues such as notes in a combo that are all distanced the same on the time line although they are not all spaced evenly. They need to be cleaned up. So many things :[. I am so pissed that. it lost the post when i submitted. Anyway, just keep an open mind. A map can only get better that way!
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Thanks for your response, Vexed.
Too bad your post went missing, but it probably said something like move everything around :P
Which is what I'm doing.
Currently I'm trying to fix the spacing, which means a LOT of moving around circles and sliders.
The fixing is going pretty well, but it's hard to retain some patterns.
Especially the "Right here, right now" part is very hard, because I'm still trying to keep some sort of pattern in.
I hope that by the time I am done, it is more playable.
I'm fixing some other points I found as well.
Anyway, Vexed, did you think the timing (including numbers and speeds of beat circles and sliders) was fine?
The spacing I'm currently working on, but I've seen it so often now that I can no longer hear if it's good or not.

I hope I can finish this difficulty this week, because I'm looking forward to doing one from scratch (hard, I suppose ^^)
Vexed_old
everything was kewl. It is just the spacing anf the red combos. I guess its a glitch but they dont change. You have to start a new combo one note before you start a new combo when comming off a red combo. combo combo combo. bleh.
But ya the patterns and stuff are good. Too bad to fix it you will need to change most of the map.
Vexed_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Chaos Anime X
Ah too bad it's not the anime cut version, ether way I have to mod this, working now

01:58:731 (5): should start at 01:58:507
02:05:897 (3): should start at 02:05:673
02:56:058 (11):should start at 02:55:834
03:03:223 (3) should start at 03:02:999
03:10:389 (5): should start at 03:10:165
03:13:972 (3): should start at 03:13:748
03:17:555 (3): should start at 03:17:331

additions I think you should make
add "OP" (meaning opening), and "opening" to the tag
add this to the title " (full version)" so people know it's not the TV cut one (you have to do a full resubmit to do this)

I *might* be able to help you (or do it myself if you really want/need it) add subtitles via storyboarding if you want me to?????

I'm also inviting you to use my Naruto skin I'm almost finished for my Naruto song Rocks as well as future Naruto songs I make, interested?

P.S. I still plan to do the tv cut version of this
Chaos Anime X
more changes you should make

everything needs to be respaced, use distance snapping and grid level 2
00:01:840 to 00:02:064: new slider
00:03:855: new circle
00:05:646: new circle
00:08:110 (4): move to 00:07:662
00:08:334 to 00:08:558: new slider

I included an osu file containing the changes I see fit, as well as things I saw needed be deleted, moved, etc.

Download: Flow - GO!!! (EpicEraser) chaos' fix.osu
Vexed_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Topic Starter
EpicEraser
Sorry for double posting, but it's been some time.
I've been very busy (and will be for the next +/- 3 weeks) so I haven't working on it that much.
Anyway I updated, renamed and added some lame storyboarding (which is not really done, and is a bit choppy).
And I made some changes to the normal difficulty, but that is too long ago for me to remember :P
I added and removed two partial difficulties.
They were both about 1 minute long.
The easy one resembled the normal one too much, and the hard one looked like I didn't take my time to make it.
I'll redo them though.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.