forum

Rank restriction for games

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_39338
Hey

I guess this has already been requested.
But can't find it in the last few sites, so I bump it because it would be really usefull.
Just like the topic name: you can set a needed rank as game host which the joiners need. (e.g. 100-500, 500-1000... etc.)
I dont thing its that much work too.
peppy
You could try changing the game title to say "rank >3000 only". Lets see what people say about this. No its not much work, but it is still SOME work. And its another option to clutter the lobby and game creation options. So if a lot of people don't show interest I won't implement it.
Echo
I don't think it's necessary - if you play with hard enough settings, lower level people will quit.

Besides, low rank != bad player, they might play offline or are naturally good at the game but haven't played for a long time.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_39338
well ok.
never tried the thing with the room name.
i dont want to discuss much because i also know that its not THAT necessary, but it would be a maybe sometimes usefull add.
@echo: that questions the whole rank system.^^ people havent played for a long time shouldnt be so much sunk in the list also.
but nvm.^^
ThePassingShadow
I think this is a pretty good idea. I know for certain some of my friends I have persuaded to join osu! have been discouraged from Multi because they 'Know they'll lose'.

I always tell them it's good practice, even if the song is failed, and that they should practice in Solo in order to improve then handle Multi.

But I think this is a pretty good idea. Toggled, of course. If people want the game to be open, they shouldn't have to select a ranking restriction, but having the option seems nice.
Metroid
I don't like the idea cause then it will be abused from the extremely high ranked payers to play multi, How hard is it to kick a player out of a lobby?
cyanberryio
Yeah, the password system is abused too. There's too many private games now. :( This would make an even lower amount of games to play on multiplayer for anyone.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_39338
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Real1
No, the password system is good. Dont change it. :(
Because there are many rooms like that, is because they want to play alone.
If there are not enough rooms, then make one!
AceOfArrows
It's nice to have a password system, but it often does seem a bit overused.

Considering all the password-locked and number-of-player-restricted games lately, and the fact that ranking, indeed, =/= skill in quite a number of cases, I must say I will have to politely say I am against this.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Hyperworm