forum

Any way to stream fast kkkkkkkkkkkk paterns as a ddkk player?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CyborKk
So, i think i hit a Wall. I can't stream kkkkkkkkkkk patterns because im a left handed ddkk player and my right hand would have to stream kkkkkkkkk patterns. I can't do that shit with my right hand. My right hand is just to slow.
Normally this wasn't a big deal since most maps don't use this kind of pattern, but maps like Cycle Hit and like almost every 6+ star map uses them.
I can't play those maps because my hand is just too damn slow.

Is there anyway to fix that?
ProbablyOswald
Heya, fellow left-handed DDKK player here. I have a similar problem except with the other way around cos my right hand got used to the speed from osu!standard. I'd say a good solution to improving your mono speed is to play osu!standard stream practice maps with the autopilot mod. Just like how it can improve stream speed and accuracy on standard, it can help improve mono speed and accuracy on taiko. With the autopilot mod, you don't need to aim, so all you need to do is set your keybindings to your keys for kats and stream away.

Hope this helps a bit :)
mulraf
so ddddddddddddd isn't a problem? if so then just do what you do with your d-hand with your k-hand or whatever :o
honestly as an all-mode player i was very confused when i realized ddkk isn't the norm and i find monostreams to be way easier than dkdkdkdk ones with ddkk but i guess that's probably because i played so much standard :o

honestly i don't like the idea of recommending standard to get better at taiko though. i think you just need to get better overall, i don't even think you need to concentrate on it particularly but as both of your hands get faster and better and you play more and more of those patterns i think you should be good to go.
BrokenArrow
I used to be in the same boat (still am at higher BPMs)
It just takes practice. As a baindaid fix, if you know there is a long k stream ahead, you can just use both of your hands for the kkkkkkkk part (as if you were streaming dkdkdkdkdk) and then instantly switch back to your normal hand position. It actually works, it's just not very practical for most maps. For Cycle Hit it could work (assuming you mean the Midnaait version)