need feedback for my first map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
umaski
hiya!! I just need feedback for my first osu map thx

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1086315#osu/2271720
-Sundae-
So.. Where to start (it's your first map, so it's understandable it's a bad map, everyone starts somehow..)

1) Update description. "Terrible mapp" isn't good and doesn't attract people. However, would you download a map with this description? Probably not. Fix it up, and if you want, write with small font that, this is your first map, let people understand.

2) 1/8 beat snapping divisor is very difficult for new mappers. Consider changing it to 1/4 if you want to have mapping easier.

3) Stacks are unplayable... They must be continuous. That means they CAN'T be in different time intervals. I'd rather don't talk about object positioning...

Adapt it more to music, shorten combos (max. 7-8), and most importantly DON'T make those short repeating sliders. It's unplayable and confusing. Player doesn't know when the slider ends, because every slider have a different number of repetitions. (Some have 5 repetitions, and else have 20).
Search on the internet for "[Song name] BPM." Most likely, the tempo of the song will be about 125-129 and not 122. Jumps are also unplayable, because of bad positioning. I bet you mapped while the song was running. AiMod can you help a lot, it will tell you what is wrong in the map. You can start it by pressing Ctrl + Shift + A, or File> Open AiMod. Be sure to set "Preview Point" from the timing menu. I advise to delete all objects and do it again. Slow down sliders, add Kiai and hitsounds. Set CS (Circle Size) to 4, AR (Approach rate) to 7, OD (Overall difficulty) to 6 or 7 and HP to 3-6. Quality of the song (192kbps) is correct.

When you have fixed what I said, and you really think it's good, feel free to write me in a private message if you want, I'll look on it again :D :D Don't take this as a hate in any way, I'm trying to tell you what's wrong with the map.

Good luck and don't give it up :D