forum

[invalid] [resolved] Making Osu!Mania beatmaps via Gameplay

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DJLu09
Osu! newbie just wondering if it was even possible for these suggestion to be implemented (also why or why not)

1. Osu!Mania Map creation via actual gameplay - In other words let the music run and play the notes in. Obviously the editing for mini second adjustments are still required but at least it takes the strain of putting in each note separately and makes the creation process much more tangible and convenient. (you're already testing its feel while creating it as you go) as a bonus the recorded notes can be used to calculate the bpm and other settings that require attention as well.

I dunno if its the process itself of making beatmaps but it feels like the soul slips away as the tedious piece-by-piece mapping takes its toll.

By soul I don't just mean the timing of the buttons but the formation, the amount, the patterns, the thing that connects a song to the map and makes it feel that these are the right buttons to press for the corresponding part of the song.

Call me picky but almost all the maps I've download so far, while timed perfectly lack that. It feels like they're just putting in buttons because its the right time for it without caring about what it feels like, what the correct pattern should be based on what's on the song. just look at other rhythm games (djMax, Tapsonic Bold, o2jam, hell even Ongeki, and Mai Mai) and really pay attention to how they're mapped and hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

I do apologize If I offend some people who absolutely love and worship this game but I'm simply calling it as I see it. While I do see the awesome potential this game has, It feels like it's getting in the way of itself in terms of reaching that potential.

P.S.
Please do recommend me the best mapped songs there is if anyone wants to prove me wrong, I'd be happy to admit it if it turns out that there are perfectly mapped songs that I simply was not able to download and that it is possible to still map it perfectly despite the tedious soul-sucking work it requires.
Rivals_7
live mapping is already possible. just ctrl+tab

Topic Starter
DJLu09
Now I just feel stupid.....thanks though.....

P.S.
Should I delete this post?
xenal
No you can't delete posts. This will simply be archived and reachable from a search engine if any seeks a similar request.
Flanster
I'll take care of it