forum

Feedback on my map 'S3RL Feel The Melody'

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IceSmasha
Hey everyone! I am still sort of new to the mapping community! Can you please give me some feedback on my beatmap i am still working on please? (More levels will be coming in the future):
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1081909#osu/2263142

Thank you very much! :)
lewski
In a Normal diff, the most important thing is that the distance between objects on the timeline roughly correlates to the distance between them on the playfield, so that you can always tell how long a gap is at a glance. In short, time-distance equality. It's important because players of this level haven't learned to read maps based on when the notes appear, so they have to rely on spacing instead. For a player like this, your map would be completely unreadable.

Of course, time-distance equality should also be followed in Easy diffs since they're below Normal. Hard diffs are more lenient, but gaps still need to be distinguishable from each other. In Insane and higher diffs, players can already read, so you can do whatever you need to represent the song.
Topic Starter
IceSmasha

lewski wrote:

In a Normal diff, the most important thing is that the distance between objects on the timeline roughly correlates to the distance between them on the playfield, so that you can always tell how long a gap is at a glance. In short, time-distance equality. It's important because players of this level haven't learned to read maps based on when the notes appear, so they have to rely on spacing instead. For a player like this, your map would be completely unreadable.

Of course, time-distance equality should also be followed in Easy diffs since they're below Normal. Hard diffs are more lenient, but gaps still need to be distinguishable from each other. In Insane and higher diffs, players can already read, so you can do whatever you need to represent the song.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated! :) I'll look into this :D