forum

Meg & Dia - What If

posted
Total Posts
show more
theowest
I came here from pure love. I love you Larto. <3 :oops:

Crazy

Straight lines are never pretty imo unless u make em more fun.

Instead of having a repeat on slider 00:43:940 (7) - it looks and sounds better with no reapeat and then a beat at 00:44:540 (8) - (a clap) and then a slider at 00:44:740 (9) - which looks the same as the previous ones.
I know you don't wanna be DJPop clappy but adding claps at places such as 00:46:940 and 00:47:740 (8) - etc, sounds much better. >:
DNA looks better http://puu.sh/4eEn at 00:48:740 (11) -
I like it better with a note added here 00:56:540 (6) - and here 00:57:340 (8) - With claps on them.
Remove whistle 01:05:740 (5) -
01:56:740 (2) - Rotate by 12 degrees and the same for the next one since it's copy pasta.
03:07:340 (1) - remove whistle

pretty good other than that.

Insane

seems very easy but watever

like before. Instead of having a repeat on slider 00:43:940 (7) - it looks and sounds better with no reapeat and then a beat at 00:44:540 (8) - (a clap) and then a slider at 00:44:740 (9) - which looks the same as the previous ones. but I guess it is okay as it is, up to you.
01:05:740 (15) - no whistle. I find that sounding better.
01:36:940 - This is insane.. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE REAL STREAMS?!
01:47:140 (10) - Making this slider symmetrical would be soo much better. It looks pretty ugly right now.
03:07:340 (1) - remove whistle

Hard

seems very like insane but watever

00:27:740 (2,3,4) - the 2, 3 and 4 and very close together compared to other stuff like this http://puu.sh/4eHh or this http://puu.sh/4eHj for example. and the slider is a bit too far out.
02:26:540 (3) - http://puu.sh/4eHB < LOL. Make it symmetrical.
03:07:340 (1) - still think it should be just finish there.

Normal

01:14:140 (2) - dunno if it matters, but shouldn't it should be straight down?
I see a lot of http://puu.sh/4eHR in all diffs.. That's not really how you make a really good beatmap but watever.
02:55:340 (1) - I like something like this better http://puu.sh/4eI8
03:02:540 here too
03:06:940 (9,1) - would be nice if this was in the middle and that the 1 had just a finish like I've said before. but not really necessarily of course.

Easy

Wow! This easy was very hard! No wonder osu thinks it's normal. You should probably do something about this strange difficulty spread..
01:05:740 (4) - no whistle
01:32:140 (2) - You can have this in the middle if you just move it up more.
03:07:340 (7) - no whistle

I had my noobish friend to play this beatmap and he hasn't played much osu and he failed easy.. He usually don't fail easy that much. So you should consider making it easier.

Also.. Always mod the hardest diffs first and go from there to easier diffs. The harder the diff, the bigger the risk for modding and you will get a bit tired of the beatmap when modding for a long time. But this didn't take long so <3
8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

I liked it a lot. have my star. :oops:
NotShinta
WHAAAAAAAT IIIIIIFFFF YOOOOOU mod this 3 times
General:
- Returning to this mapset, for some reason I think the first two combo colours look a like this time, baby. Maybe I just have to adjust my screen.

Beginnaha:
- Beginnahas might be confused that this difficulty still isn't really for a Beginnaha as it is still slightly harder than your 'typical' Easheehee. Observation.
- Funnily enough, the first slowdown sliders have their first and last ticks covered by the slider starts and ends, making them appear to only have one tick, making them appear to be speed ups. At least, that's what one would assume on a Harder difficulty; since the slider velocity and spacing is low enough here anyway, it's not a problem.
- 00:20:140 (3) - This slider looks a bit ugly and silly. Look at it! Teehee, how much sugar did you say?
00:50:540 (1) - I'm not a particular fan of fat overlappy (general term) wave sliders, and think a good typical flattening could do them good. This conversation is just a time filler, traaail blazer. (+similarslidahas)
00:59:940 (2) - Spacing slightly falls short when previous combos are taken into account. (+similar)
02:04:140 (1) - So I was all like '150 BPM Easiest difficulty 2/1 after spinner there's a hitcircle quick opinion" and SapphireGhost was all like 'I'd say it's not optimal but acceptable'. D-d-d-do what you want, the Easy players could probably recover in the time though. Don't forget your colourhaxing if you do remove this hitcircle though, and your receipt.
02:31:940 (4) - Could be pushing it in terms of spacing readability in an Easy, but 31306
03:04:740 (5,7) - Maybe would be better curved like the previous combos and other sliders in this one.
- Some fixable HP overlappage, I'll let others point that out because you can spot it yourself.

Easy:
- 02:21:740 (1) - Surprised I didn't notice how ridiculous these looked.
02:46:340 (6) - Something's changed. Woahohohoh. I'm pretty sure for the worse. YEAAAHAAAHAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Normal:
- 02:20:140 (5) - This spacing is a bit weird, I suppose. Symmetrical though. Wtf I'm modding upwards
03:02:540 (2) - At least stack this on a tick like a cool dude.

Hard:
- 01:14:140 (1,2,3) - Perhaps move down for more consistent spacing after 3? More aesthetic than anything.
Anyway, I am not modding the remainder of this mapset, as I feel very strange.

Since I apparently have lost my memory of the rest of the mapset, I do feel obliged to remod it once I don't feel very strange. So I think I'll do that. What I have now is consciously half arsed.

I also just confused condensation for a spider and reacted nearly as extremely as you. Oops.

General:
- Thread title makes no grammatical sense nuke please in a bag in a box put an x on the floor

Beginner:
01:02:540 (1) -Maybe it's a good idea to give Easy players a bit of time after the previous object before starting the spinner, like 1/1, so it doesn't jump out at them likRAWR (same thing with the later spinner o' course)
01:48:140 (1) - Backtracking across the previous combo might just not be a good idea right here, because it looks a bit silly and this is a Beginner. Or something. I wish Sapphire was here so he could provide some Erigou.
02:38:340 (2) - This looks oddly spaced, but it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round. I'm pretty sure I've used that before, and then commented that I've used it before.
- You might want to move some of the last combos down as they blatantly overlap the HP bar, sir.

Easy:
01:05:740 (4) - Might this be better off removed and instead the break being dragged to 01:05:740? You know, you're at least meant to be pretending this is an Easy.
02:03:340 (1) - Hmm, only 8000 bonus. I feel like I'm becoming a difficultynamefag because this is effectively a Normal, but still.

Hard:
00:50:540 (1) - Hello, my cursor happened to be chilling out here and I noticed these sliderpoints. What.
- How are your maps so amazing they shouldn't be. You're sexy too. I fancy some fried eggs.

Insane:
02:21:540 (1) - Sorry what
02:23:140 (5,4) - Sorry what

Crazy!:
00:45:740 (2,4) - You could shuffle these around a few grids so it makes a straight line, or make the curve less subtle, if you like.

I'm not sure whether Black Wedding or Going Away or Inside My Head is my favourite Frampton song. Make me decide.
Sakura
Ok now with Sapphire's SB (which i still think you could've made something cooler but oh well) i declare this map Bubbled~ now you may get a or a Good Luck!
NotShinta
For the record, HERE is my old mod (yes) that I enjoyed making and thought would entertain or inspire a few people briefly, or at least made me look original, yet was deleted for reasons not presented to me.

marina.jpg
SapphireGhost
Is it just me or did a whole lot of posts get deleted from this thread
Because I'd like this explained, please.
Topic Starter
Larto
Whoever is going around deleting valid mod posts, if by accident or intentionally, without even TELLING anyone involved: I'm enormously ashamed of you. If the BAT lets this kind of stuff happen nowadays, something is absolutely wrong here. I've brought this word up often enough in that context, but dictatorship. Acting like Hitler won't benefit anyone but yourself.

EDIT: And if you really deleted Shinta's post because you didn't actually think it had any use, you did well ignoring the line that said "EDIT: IT'S A MOD" and thus being quite ignorant. This is still not any reason to delete it without any notice, we're not in bloody Off-Topic or /b/ where the mods are allowed to reign as they please, apparently.
EXCUSE ME PRINCESS if I'm sounding a bit pissed here, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen BATs do, and sadly not the first such thing in the recent days.
Alace
WOW i saw so much love in this mapset\
6 diffs XD, all of them have pretty good sliders
GJ
D33d
Yay, a rank!

Shinta, I love you. Don't ever change.
HellDawn
Congrats :D
Topic Starter
Larto

At least got that cleared up, hm? Thank you kindly for suiting my description in a few posts up there.
Raging Bull
Oh wow that's interesting o.o

inb4postgetsdeleted.
Derekku
Someone reported the post to me saying that it looked like spam. I agreed, and thus deleted the "mod" post and the two subsequent posts (iirc they quoted the large image).

I didn't realize that the image could be converted into text, and thus become an actual mod post. However, who would expect that to be the case without any explanation? The BAT tries to keep things fair, and an image as a mod post just doesn't make sense. This was a misunderstanding, and I didn't mean to cause any harm.

Larto: If you honestly think that this is one of the worst things to have happened on osu!, and that I'm trying to become some sort of dictator, then it seems that we are also at a misunderstanding.
SapphireGhost

Derekku wrote:

Someone reported the post to me saying that it looked like spam. I agreed, and thus deleted the "mod" post and the two subsequent posts (iirc they quoted the large image).

I didn't realize that the image could be converted into text, and thus become an actual mod post. However, who would expect that to be the case without any explanation? The BAT tries to keep things fair, and an image as a mod post just doesn't make sense. This was a misunderstanding, and I didn't mean to cause any harm.

Larto: If you honestly think that this is one of the worst things to have happened on osu!, and that I'm trying to become some sort of dictator, then it seems that we are also at a misunderstanding.
If I remember correctly, the image had some text below it explaining that it was a mod post. You might not have seen it due to the size of the image.
Topic Starter
Larto
If you're going to delete spam posts, enjoy all the "star~" spam that had been made non-stop in the beatmap forums up to this day. Why start with questionable "spam" like a huge weird image of a QR Code? Even if you don't know QR Codes, the fact that that thing has been posted, spoilerboxed, kudosu'd and subtitled with "EDIT: IT'S A MOD" should have gotten you thinking. QR Codes have become very popular on the internet and are sometimes even seen in real life, by the way. And most frequently in SapphireGhost's avatars. Asking someone in PM or in this very thread what that huge image was meant to be would have helped, as well.

What bothered me most about this though, is that there was no notification given to anyone involved. I thought sending "spammers" PMs to tell them to not do it again is how it usually works? That way, the spammers will know "oh i shouldn't do that" and not go "huh where did my post go, better post it again". That is all.
NotShinta
I'd have happily changed the offending post into text, if somebody had politely pointed out the problems surrounding it or approached me personally, rather than just remove it, as that isn't very helpful. But what has happened has, indeed, happened, and I'll be sure to be more careful next time I attempt something like this.

And I did better at modding the beatmap later.
Ekaru
Alright! Time to finish modding thi-

*looks at the forum I'm in*

...Balls. Congrats!
Derekku

Larto wrote:

Why start with questionable "spam" like a huge weird image
Because it was a huge image. Individual star posts don't take up the majority of one's browser.

Larto wrote:

the fact that that thing has been posted, spoilerboxed, kudosu'd and subtitled with "EDIT: IT'S A MOD" should have gotten you thinking.
Actually, this is how my thought process went: I saw NotShinta's other mod post that had a second mod spoilerbox'd inside of it. I thought that you were trying to give him double kudosu by kding both that post and the one with the QR code, so I went ahead and deleted the latter.

Yes, I should have just asked instead of assuming. But in my defense, since when do we post mods obscurely like this? Yes, it was creative, but only elaborating by saying "IT'S A MOD" doesn't really explain anything. I apologize for making the mistake, and hopefully we both have learned something here.
SapphireGhost
It's alright to give someone double kudosu for two mods, though. As seen here, for example. Shintaha was just trying to be creative, and not obscure. I highly doubt he would do this for someone he didn't know as well as Larto, and it was intended for Larto and people who knew QR Codes to see. And maybe I'm beating a dead horse and I should stop.
OzzyOzrock
Time to mod in code.
Topic Starter
Larto

Derekku wrote:

Larto wrote:

Why start with questionable "spam" like a huge weird image
Because it was a huge image...
...in a spoilerbox. Whatever though. Oh. Then it was spoilerboxed in my head. Woops.

Derekku wrote:

I apologize for making the mistake, and hopefully we both have learned something here.
Okay! :D

SapphireGhost wrote:

It's alright to give someone double kudosu for two mods, though. As seen here, for example
Only when the mods happen at largely different times, or when the mapset has vitally changed. Both are the case in this map; NotShinta's first post was ~4 weeks ago, the second one 10 days ago. 4 weeks ago there also only were 1 or 2 diffs in the mapset, 10 days ago, there were at 6. So the double kudosu was, in fact, justified.
NotShinta

Larto wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Because it was a huge image...
...in a spoilerbox.
To be fair, no, it wasn't. I should have thought of doing that, actually, and take responsibility for not doing so. Surely there's not much to discuss there?
SapphireGhost

Larto wrote:

Then it was spoilerboxed in my head.

Larto wrote:

in my head.

Larto wrote:

in my head.

Larto wrote:

in my head.
TheCloud_old
I don't like this beatmap. The rythm is sometimes completely random and colors are the fruit of a bad choice. 2 stars.