forum

Ouendan/ EBA for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShadyOSU_old
I know this sonuds odd... but I think that the ouendan or elite beat agents would make good characters for SSBB. I know the idea off attacking with a cheer is a little weird, however, think of what a final smash could be like...

Ok, so maybe ouendan or elite beat agents wouldn't be good in SSBB as characters... but they should atleast have a trophy of each. I think they would make good assist trophies, pick up the trophy and all oh a sudden Ipponji Ryuta starts following you cheering you on causeing effects like speed increase or attack boost or something.

I know It's probably doubtfull... but go ahead and post what you think.

Just for the record, this is my first post. :mrgreen:
Starrodkirby86
On the Elite Beat Agents thread over at the dead Nsider, a user was suggesting Agent J or Ryuta to be in Brawl. He made a whole profile thing. It was a grand idea. Man, I wonder why people don't talk about EBA there anymore at other communities. :\

If Brawl has enough trophies already and the assist trophy system does do something, the EBA or Osu people would do very well. As an Assist Trophy, they can motivate the player. You can do a quick sequence of some gameplay maybe on the screen then heal or power the person up. Very nice. :P

By the way, congrats on first post. This is my 97th. I'm such a talkative little one. :3
awp
Recovery and/or stat boost, instant is the only thing I can see being feasable ={
Nocky_old
Elite Beat Agents Confirmed For Brawl!(not really, but cool idea)
Note: Backups cheer along in background while lead fights.

Special Moves
B: Elite Beat! A chain of four beats goes towards the direction the player is facing, with each beat chaining at a 45 degree angle to the nearest opponent; if no opponent is close enough, it will go straight.

Smash B: Slider - The player jets forward a short distance following a slider ball. Any opponents caught get combo'd for however long they touch the ball; if they touch the ball when the slider hits the end point, it does more damage and can smash the opponent.
Chance of repeating back, but always ends up going forward.

Down B: Spinner - Much like the Mario Whirlwind, except with a wider, circular area.
Chance of "bonus"; all caught take more damage with some smash, at the expense of downtime when move is finished.

Up B: Hey! - The player follows 4 beats that chain upwards with a slight zigzag. The beats follow where the player wishes to follow, as long as it fits within a 90 degree range facing upwards. Any character that runs into the agent as he goes between the beats gets hit; any who make contact as he taps a beat get hit for more, possible smash.

Final Smash: Agents Are Go! - GIANT LAZOR OF DOOM (okay, i don't know what to put here)

Regular Attacks are variants of their dance moves, i.e. upA repeated would be the waving thing they do before songs.

Well, that's my outlook of it IF they were characters.
LuigiHann
Something that's worth noting...

Japanese Poll, Most Requested Characters in Japan
King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawashima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)
Those are the results of a poll held in Japan, some time well before the launch of the Brawl blog. "Ouendan" isn't very high on the list, but the fact that they placed at all tells me that they're likely to show up as an assist trophy.

"Ippongi Ryuta of Cheer Squad" also shows up on the "List of Characters Sakurai Mentioned In His Blog," which doesn't confirm anything except that Sakurai knows the character exists, which is still nice.
Homestarrunner
oh god, not this again, i might put in some of my thoughts, but the idiots at gamefaqs wouldn't listen to any of the ideas I said, seriously, theres like 50 replies in a topic similar to this on gamefaqs
Topic Starter
ShadyOSU_old
well, I'm being as humble as I can. If you don't want the ouendan or EBA then just say it, you know?

when It comes to a move list (if a character is made) i'd expect it to use dance moves rather than beats...

B: throw a beat... much as explained earlier.

over (right or left) B: dance move... the thing where the agents throw out there hand to the direction they are faceing. I see this like mr. game and watch's judgement (a power rateing of 1-9).

down B: Messmerizing moves... I see the agents doing a little dance and anyone close to them gets all woozy and vulnerable (sort of like jigglypuffs sing attack).

up B: EBA technology... basicly the machine that the EBA ride on during "Without a Fight" flys by and throws the agents up in to a jump. Anyone in the agents way would ofcourse be damadged.

FINAL SMASH: Elite Beat Blast... this took a while to think about... once the final smah is activated music starts, all the agents gather in one spot. The way this works depends on your controle type, button symboles( like y, x, b, a) start appearing with little outlines of them comeing in (muck like the game beats) each button you hit causes everyone in a large area a huge amount of damadge. If you receive an Elite Beat all characters (except the agent you use) gets flung really hard... Not always off screen, they have some chance of surviving.

Well that's my idea.
awp
Captain Olimar and Pikmin had only 3 there, and tadaa, they're a playable character. Which is all fine and dandy, but I've also heard fanboys (note: maybe they're just furries) saying that Krystal was going to be in Brawl as well (I have not seen any merit to these claims other than a very well-made character model of her rigged in Poser).
LuigiHann

awp wrote:

(I have not seen any merit to these claims other than a very well-made character model of her rigged in Poser).
Krystal's voice actor is apparently credited, but that doesn't confirm her playable.

Also, the numbers in parenthesis refer to the number of weeks the character spent on the list, out of 5 maximum.
awp
oh

either way SSBB is being delayed again that is pretty gay this is the second time it has actually inconvenienced me (if it launched on time I would have been living in the city where my copy is being delivered) (if it launched in February I would already be back in the aforementioned city visiting a friend for his birthday) and now it is being launched in March do I really have a reason to travel to Guelph in March I think not
Starrodkirby86

awp wrote:

oh

either way SSBB is being delayed again that is pretty gay this is the second time it has actually inconvenienced me (if it launched on time I would have been living in the city where my copy is being delivered) (if it launched in February I would already be back in the aforementioned city visiting a friend for his birthday) and now it is being launched in March do I really have a reason to travel to Guelph in March I think not
The only positive from that is Sakurai and friends will have more time to add in features. If not, then they have more time to advertise, localize, set up whatevers, and etcetera. But desiring from people will get a little crazy.
awp
Actually this is good news for me for two reasons:

1 - I am currently enrolled in a course with a brutally heavy workload. The workload is significantly lighter in the second half of the semester, I am told, and so Brawl will have less homework to interfere with.

2 - I'm planning to get a PSP. Originally I was going to get it around the same time I got Brawl, but that would likely lead to me neglecting the PSP and taking the time to set it up.
Starrodkirby86

awp wrote:

Actually this is good news for me for two reasons:

1 - I am currently enrolled in a course with a brutally heavy workload. The workload is significantly lighter in the second half of the semester, I am told, and so Brawl will have less homework to interfere with.

2 - I'm planning to get a PSP. Originally I was going to get it around the same time I got Brawl, but that would likely lead to me neglecting the PSP and taking the time to set it up.
There are other positives that are more of personal reasons than generally. I mean, overall, it'd also give time for other games to nab the limelight for the moment. Well, I'm glad that Sakurai delayed it, if it's for means to give more characters, modes, user friendliness, and what-nots that'll benefit the game entirely. It's such a positively suspenseful action to see what Sakurai will add next, like the Ouendan group! :P

Of course, Sakurai will exclude oh so many from his updates of truth, so maybe these people are in there but they're not announced. :O
awp
I get the feeling it's just for post-poned localization purposes. From what I understand it releases in Japan in like a week and a half.
LuigiHann

At the very least, there's a trophy :D
Loginer

LuigiHann wrote:

YAAAAAAAA... Wait, source? <_<
awp
damn it I think imageshack is blocked at work ;___;
LuigiHann
http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/
About 4 minutes into that video, they show a few shots of different trophies.

Since that link is a tad laggy, the same video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SerM0z8tf6E

I'm still hoping they'll show up as an Assist Trophy in-game, but even as a collectible trophy I'm happy, because it means they've been acknowledged as part of the greater Nintendo canon. I'm also hopeful that the backup cheerleaders, as well as EBA and Kahn, may show up in stickers and whatnot.

Cecilthemos
I was overjoyed seeing that too, I hope the rest of them and the EBA are stickers too, with the newly announced support bonuses from stickers, I think as cheerleaders, they'd give a huge boost.
Dark Deception_old

LuigiHann wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OMFG! AN OUENDAN ASSIST TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -faints from freakout-...
LuigiHann
awp
Kahn lol

Kahn rules
LuigiHann
3D TROPHY (not an assist trophy) CONFIRMED
http://www.brawlcentral.com/content.php ... eat_agents
Dark Deception_old
Only one way to describe this:

That is freakin' sweet!
LuigiHann
Finally got it!

Also, something weird I noticed. It could just be a coincidence, but while there are several EBA and Ouendan stickers, it seems like for EBA, there are only stickers of "secondary" characters (i.e. Derek, Morris, and Khan), and for Ouendan, there are only stickers of the main characters. Then again, I only recently got my first sticker of a blue Ouendan guy, so it's possible that there are stickers of the main EBA characters that are just very rare.

Cecilthemos

LuigiHann wrote:

Finally got it!

Also, something weird I noticed. It could just be a coincidence, but while there are several EBA and Ouendan stickers, it seems like for EBA, there are only stickers of "secondary" characters (i.e. Derek, Morris, and Khan), and for Ouendan, there are only stickers of the main characters. Then again, I only recently got my first sticker of a blue Ouendan guy, so it's possible that there are stickers of the main EBA characters that are just very rare.
I'm guessing that's a random drop?
The Ouendan Trophy took me awhile to get (400 Combo in Training)
LuigiHann
Yeah, it's random. I happened to catch it while playing All-star mode.

And I used a golden hammer to get the Ouendan trophy :P I suppose I ought to take a few snapshots of that as well.
Cecilthemos

LuigiHann wrote:

Yeah, it's random. I happened to catch it while playing All-star mode.

And I used a golden hammer to get the Ouendan trophy :P I suppose I ought to take a few snapshots of that as well.
I would have had I known it was them, I forgot it was both of them, I was looking for just Ippongi in the shadow.
LuigiHann
Here're some shots of the Ouendan trophy.

Homestarrunner
well, as the update says for brawl, with the names of all the stickers, there are Kahn, Derek, Morris, J, Sainoji, Hajime, Kai, Ryutta, and Sayaka
show more