forum

Social Network Like/Share Button for Forum Post and Beatmaps [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
Really, what I mean is, below every post, would be a Facebook/MySpace/Twitter/Digg/Whatever Like/Share button along with a count of how many people have used it. Mainly for sharing posts that were good in your opinion.

This would also apply for Beatmaps, where you could hit a like/share button and something regarding it would be posted on your wall. Of course, this would prompt an account link, but this sounds like it might be useful in my opinion, seeing that you could share beatmaps and forum posts you like without having to post a link every ten seconds. Just sharing it with Social Network friends immediately. It's not the best thing, but to me it sounded like a pretty good idea.

What do you think?
BrightBlueInk
I can see why it might be useful for beatmaps...don't know why you'd want one to share forum posts, though. Then again, I've never been a huge fan of Facebook taking over everything.
Shiirn
>facebook
>digg

no
Topic Starter
Esupanitix

BrightBlueInk wrote:

I can see why it might be useful for beatmaps...don't know why you'd want one to share forum posts, though. Then again, I've never been a huge fan of Facebook taking over everything.
The forum post might be useful, or a tutorial for something.

Shiirn wrote:

>facebook
>digg

no
Why not?
Zelos
I could MAYBE see why one would want to share beatmap links to facebook but why forum posts?
Soaprman
I'm going to make facebook pages for my beatmaps and if you Like them I will give you a free mod request. Let's do this.
Mashley
Seems a little useless. Most people's friend list isn't composed of osu! users, so why would they want to share maps with them?
ziin
Why is social networking so prolific that you have to have a like button on every website? No really, what is the point of the like button? What purpose does it serve to show tat you like a map?
Shohei Ohtani
I've been to websites that do this.

Guess what.

Nobody cares. Most people don't like to share with their friends "LOL THIS DUDE TOTALLY GOT PWWWWNNEEDDD!!@!!"

Especially because the only place that this would even have a slight amount of use is in the part of the forum that requires an account, which will just piss off your friends.
Derekku
Pretty sure that peppy is against bloated and otherwise unnecessary features like this (and advertisements), so I'm just going to deny this. It only takes a few seconds to share something on another site anyway.
Weez