forum

[resolved] [osu!stable] replacing song file on Sakura no uta not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
joint
this map: beatmapsets/376552#osu/824389

I thought maybe I'm putting in the wrong file name in the song folder, but I've tried "audio" and "audio.mp3" and still when I refresh and go into editor it just doesn't work :(

I just did the same to the sped up version and it worked just fine
niat0004
Try naming the file sakura no uta full.mp3.

osu! will be looking for that since it's the filename specified in the .osu beatmap file - not all maps use audio.mp3, and audio file names are customisable like background file names.
Start of the related .osu files
osu file format v14

[General]
AudioFilename: sakura no uta full.mp3
Topic Starter
joint

niat0004 wrote:

Try naming the file sakura no uta full.mp3.

osu! will be looking for that since it's the filename specified in the .osu beatmap file - not all maps use audio.mp3, and audio file names are customisable like background file names.
Start of the related .osu files
osu file format v14

[General]
AudioFilename: sakura no uta full.mp3
thank you so much. it worked!
also sorry if this is a dumb question (if i'm obv missing something lol) but how did u find that metadata info? That'll be very useful for future reference :)
niat0004
Open the map folder and open one of the files named Hana - Sakura no Uta (Alyce) [insert difficulty name here].osu.
You can find the map folder by going into your osu! install directory and opening the songs folder, then searching the beatmapset ID (in this case, 376552 - it will be the number that comes after "beatmapsets/" in the web URL).

Alternatively, if you want to look at the .osu files right after you downloaded, open the .osz you just downloaded with something like 7-Zip or WinRAR. That's what I did.