forum

[osu!stable] 85% of beatmaps still has .mp3 files and background images, but somehow lost .osu file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyannikunn_
I didn't know what happened, but it occured after I held the power button on my computer when my osu! was freezing the computer. After restarting, I found out that almost all of my beatmaps have lost their .osu files, leaving only .mp3 and background images left in their folders.

Pressing F5 also plays the preview of the OWC 2022 GF Tiebreaker song that I downloaded, but without a name or author, and all values are set to 0 (length, BPM, objects, etc.) The files that had survived seem to vary in date added, ranging from my first beatmaps to ones I have just downloaded.

Can anyone help? I don't want to redownload ~120 beatmaps...

Edit: I have rechecked the files, and it became worse. It had wiped all of my beatmaps' osu files, but only osu!standard. osu!mania, taiko and CtB is still there.

Edit 2: I spent a bit more than an hour redownloading everything, and this thread could be considered solved. But I want this thread to continue to find out the root cause.
- Marco -
Try checking if the .osu files are somehow hidden or in the trash folder. Do you have any antivirus?
Topic Starter
Nyannikunn_

- Marco - wrote:

Try checking if the .osu files are somehow hidden or in the trash folder. Do you have any antivirus?
I checked it, and there was nothing inside. Haven't cleared the bin for a few days, too.

The antivirus I'm using is Malwarebytes, free version (because I have no money).