forum

How do I improve timings in osu Mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TotallyNotBird
Maybe I'm just washed or something but I'm hitting goods 25% of the time. Any tips on how to improve hitting my perfects more often?
Wimpy Cursed
Yikes. Saw your recent plays.

You appear to be hitting 300s most of the time, but not 320s. Why?
Do you look at your UR bar at all? (The bar at the bottom of your scroll board every time you enter a map)
I take it that you also have changed skins by now as well? If so, that is good.

If you see your UR bar having ticks towards the left, that means you are hitting too early and vice versa. The bar should be a good indicator of where your scroll speed should be at. If it is too early, make your scroll speed faster and vice versa.

As long as you get consistent blue ticks, you are fine. But make sure to keep those ticks in the center of the bar.
Topic Starter
TotallyNotBird
Tysm will do! Btw are there any up scroll players that have ever won a tourney or had a crazy score on a map?

I started playing mania cuz I played a ton of Friday Night Funkin when it came out, then I got bored of it and wanted to look for more games with the same concept and then I came across osu!.

I've spent the past 2 years playing and grinding with up scroll rather than down scroll. Since I was so used to Friday Night Funkin's style, I was absolutely terrible at down scroll, but I've never seen any super good up scroll players so I'm starting to think up scroll is holding me back, and I'm thinking of swapping to it to see if there will be a notable change in accuracy and timing.

Will swapping over possibly make a difference in skill? And is it worth trying.
Wimpy Cursed
That is preference, so don't worry about it.

I don't know any "insane" players in the osu!mania community that use up scroll, but I believe some are out there. I do remember one person trying it after playing down scroll for so long. They got bored of the game, and somehow, up scroll brought back the fun.

But there is one player that does play up scroll, and that would be Etienne. They are an Etterna player, but that shouldn't matter. You can do the comparisons yourself to determine the skill that he has.

I'd say stick to up scroll if you really want to, and don't change it if you feel like you are performing worse out of it. You're not. But I will see that it can be worth trying it out, to see if you like it.
Stickman92
from memory there was staiain who does upscroll. Alternatively, be this guy and do both at the same time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_N43i0lys

Up or down scroll is personal preference. The default is downscroll, so thats what most players do.