forum

sometimes i feel like im overplaying but im actually having alot of fun

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
twink weeb
its only the 9th of september and i have 700 plays..

wouldnt I be prone to injuries? I hate taking breaks i wanna play this game everyday

i had this wrist thingy where i move right wrist in a way it feels funny af

ive played about 4 months straight with no burn out i did switch to std for a bit but didnt really enjoy it so i dont even know if that counts as burnout and I also play hours and hours on end every single day i feel like this will end up forcing me to quit due to injury

any suggestions on what to do?

prob a dumb question but would love answers
Lyawi
if you want to play less, actively try to play a bit less every day until you're at a point you're more happy with.
i think looking for other games to play besides osu! can help, or actually going outside (i don't mean this as troll lol, maybe a new hobby can give you at least as much joy as osu!)
Topic Starter
twink weeb

Lyawi wrote:

if you want to play less, actively try to play a bit less every day until you're at a point you're more happy with.
i think looking for other games to play besides osu! can help, or actually going outside (i don't mean this as troll lol, maybe a new hobby can give you at least as much joy as osu!)
i want to improve but like in a way thats not cause a injury or something playing thanks for the tips

ill probably play a hour less or something

if im remembering correctly the last time i took an actual break was like maybe in may? after that been playing everyday since
pizzaboy
Do stretches pre game to get blood flowing this reduces the chance of injury and just watch out for your wrist

Any rsi or whatever is usually gonna happen if you play more than 1-3 hours straight on a push and 2-4 hours on a normal session

If you wanna keep playing everyday thats fine but after so many push sessions just a day and 18 hours is good enough for a decent recovery but a deep recovery should require a month
Stickman92
if u really wanna play for hours daily then take a few mins to walk away from computer to rest ur eyes and hands, roughly once every hour. ALSO, dont neglect food, water, and getting good sleep.
midgy
just make sure you stop, stretch your hands and stand up to move around for 5-10mins every hr or so and like stickman said don't neglect food water or sleep (it would drastically hinder improvement as well as damaging your health)

if you start to feel any tingling sensations or numbness then you definitely need to immediately stop until it goes away at the very least, if it's just aches then try not to overdo it but it's generally not a bad thing

you can play this much without injury it just means you will need to take extra precautions with stretching, regular short breaks and MAKE SURE NOT TO IGNORE ANY WARNING SIGNS
Topic Starter
twink weeb

pizzaboy wrote:

Do stretches pre game to get blood flowing this reduces the chance of injury and just watch out for your wrist

Any rsi or whatever is usually gonna happen if you play more than 1-3 hours straight on a push and 2-4 hours on a normal session

If you wanna keep playing everyday thats fine but after so many push sessions just a day and 18 hours is good enough for a decent recovery but a deep recovery should require a month
Thank you for this indepth post i didnt even think of this like so