forum

i cannot open osu after changing the graphics backend

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Theamix
Problem details: so i changed the backend from OpenGL to Vulkan and i cannot boot the game now ive tried restarting

Video or screenshot showing the problem: idk how to add images but the error log when booting on stable shows this

#=zjWDQJWxfHwVNCDvPF1gbBBBNxpN2: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0H0zhOwPvvz2sUiNQ2bwcUk5YFz$.#=zfGTCUYQ=(Int32 #=z_e5GQP8=, Int32 #=zqszUp6o=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zAK0mg1o=)
at #=z45py6k4cWZGYQ_xYjOa$n9M=.#=zi0vIuj9CNjON(GraphicsContextFlags #=zAK0mg1o=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=z45py6k4cWZGYQ_xYjOa$n9M=.#=zi0vIuj9CNjON(GraphicsContextFlags #=zAK0mg1o=)
at #=z45py6k4cWZGYQ_xYjOa$n9M=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zdx0z1WI=)
at #=zfi_Z_z8Q1_huap2Pl3MjHvEd$zOI.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zdx0z1WI=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zLGxa$XIGKyglDdYmVsPpCTk=.WndProc(Message& #=zgofT7mk=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

osu! version: Stable/lazer most recent as of post
- Marco -
On stable you can hold shift while opening osu! to open a recovery window where you can change the render

On lazer edit framework.ini and set Renderer = Automatic and it should rollback to a render that is ok to use on your OS/Machine
Topic Starter
Theamix

- Marco - wrote:

On stable you can hold shift while opening osu! to open a recovery window where you can change the render

On lazer edit framework.ini and set Renderer = Automatic and it should rollback to a render that is ok to use on your OS/Machine
idk what your talking about

holding shift did nothing and there is no framework.ini that i see in the local files
- Marco -
Sorry i just saw the error log. If holding shift does nothing, try:

Death wrote:

Edit the "osu!.<username>.cfg" file in your osu! folder in a text editor and set these lines accordingly:
CompatibilityContext = 0
CanForceOptimusCompatibility = 0
When you're done, make sure to save and close the file before trying to open the game again.

For a more permanent fix, please try reinstalling your graphics drivers.
^ for stable