forum

[resolved] [osu!lazer] how can I transfer my beatmaps to a new device?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MictmoePreevy
I recently bought a new computer, and I wish to import the beatmaps that were on my old laptop, I have around 2Gb worth of maps that I wanna transfer, so manually adding each one would be hella tedious so is there any other solution or way I can do this?
chromb
copy the songs folder to a USB, paste it to songs folder on other device
Topic Starter
MictmoePreevy

chromb wrote:

copy the songs folder to a USB, paste it to songs folder on other device
which folder is that? I've tried pasting the "files" folder but that didn't work, even though it said that all skins and beatmaps were stored there
chromb
are you using osu!stable or osu!lazer?
Topic Starter
MictmoePreevy

chromb wrote:

are you using osu!stable or osu!lazer?
I think I'm using osu!lazer
Blushing
In osu!lazer there is a button in the settings to transfer to a new location. Choose the USB, close osu!lazer, put the USB into the new device and transfer it like you did onto the USB to the new location on the new device, then that should work normally.

Or if you don't care about your songs, scores, and other user media you can just install lazer onto the new device like normally
spaceman_atlas
The settings button doesn't do anything for moving across devices, because the custom location feature doesn't move all game files.

If you're moving devices and not using a custom location yet, the safest option is to open the lazer folder (there's a button in settings for that too), and copy the entirety of it across. (client.realm, the .ini files, and the files folder are the most important here.)

If you're using a custom location then this gets a little more complicated, so I'll just go with the simple version for now.
Topic Starter
MictmoePreevy
k thx guys