forum

[Archived] Accuracy goes down with a higher accuracy score

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AN1K
Whenever I set a new highscore on a map and get better accuracy (on the map) my overall accuracy goes down. The only explanation I can think of is that the new score doesn't replace the old one and instead adds a new score which is lower than my overall accuracy, bringing it down. Does that mean its not worth going back and say, bringing your accuracy from 70% to 90% and to only redo maps if you can get higher or equal accuracy than your overall. Is my theory correct or is it something completely unrelated? Any help is appreciated.
Death
Your overall accuracy is weighted similarly to how performance points are, so if you set a score worth more performance points your overall accuracy is also impacted. It's possible that due to that, even if your accuracy on the map slightly improved, it can still bring your overall accuracy down a bit.
Topic Starter
AN1K
Is the weight of every accuracy score determined by the accuracy score or the PP gained from the play? Does every completion of the same map count as a separate score? If you hypothetically got 0% on a map with NF and that brought your accuracy down by 10%, then you redid it with 50% accuracy, I'd assume that if your 0% score is replaced with your 50% score and your accuracy would go up, but it doesn't. It goes down. The image below shows a 13% improvement from 77% to 90% on a map, but that brings my overall accuracy down even further.

I've also noticed instances where an accuracy score that is above my overall accuracy brings down my overall on easier maps. Even if the score is weighted at 0%, how does it lower overall accuracy?

I really can't figure out whats going on. Either I'm missing some critical detail somewhere or the system is extremely complicated.
Death
Only your best score on a map (the one that would give you PP) affects your accuracy. If you just set some random 0% NF score on a map you already have a score on, it is not going to change your overall accuracy.

I'm not really sure how to explain how this works better than my previous post. In the first image you sent, you improved your accuracy from 77% to 90%, however that 90% is still significantly lower than your overall accuracy of 97%. Due to the fact that your new score is worth more performance points and is weighted more heavily, so too is its weight on your accuracy.

The second picture might just be due to some sort of rounding issue. A score weighted that low probably wouldn't affect your accuracy all that much and there are digits for your overall accuracy stored past the two that are displayed (i.e. your current accuracy isn't actually 97.73, but rather it is 97.7257...). There are reasons I can think of that might have caused that to display as -0.01, but it should probably just be ignored for simplicity.
Topic Starter
AN1K
Ah, I understand now. Improving a score that is still under you average makes it "weigh" more and can lower your overall. Thanks for that clarification. : )
DEMON x IGNITE
i dont get it man i just noticed alot of my osu mania plays have awarded 100+ pp but its weighted like 28% to 40% i thought it was because of accuracy but man even the accuracy is in 95 to 100 range
- Marco -

DEMON x IGNITE wrote:

i dont get it man i just noticed alot of my osu mania plays have awarded 100+ pp but its weighted like 28% to 40% i thought it was because of accuracy but man even the accuracy is in 95 to 100 range
May be useful to check wiki/Performance_points#calculation to understand how pp and the weightage system works.

Anyway, if you have any question please write a new topic instead of writing on older ones.