forum

[Archived] [osu!stable] Osu keeps crashing whenever I play some beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beadaboobies
Problem details:
Whenever I play this beatmap (beatmapsets/1591030#osu/3386904) it always crash when I load it

Event Viewer:
Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at dje_zN2Z6CU2B7YA9FKYKY3YGAUXCZHU9T7QRSALUEUMDEM7BL5Z_ejd.#=z9_dR2ZYKZ5Oe9E3SDA==(IntPtr ByRef, System.String, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr) at #=zyqrusY01bRNZiOfGR6eLrre4H9Z4Xjncdg==.#=zcuAjYvI=(Byte[]) at #=zfG2N$pfb5AmIZVfXCBBvLYfUbYrcHL4PIQ==..ctor(System.String, #=z0FNgenGRRXzGG1dGYvYZURncdoA4UsxLtQ==, #=z3GFUG8s65fAVC$2O2oY_0GggEWpUzJ47mg==) at #=zlpTxrecCjo9Nwbzq3r2eY$TZZ8UG..ctor(System.String, #=z0FNgenGRRXzGG1dGYvYZURncdoA4UsxLtQ==, #=z3GFUG8s65fAVC$2O2oY_0GggEWpUzJ47mg==, Int32) at #=znJehNzYGg2Ydw4grmFZcnq1Wf3YX.#=zGk3UFTE=(System.String, Int32) at #=zP2e3n1bDeUHWOUfOtc_BgCFdVzEu.#=zJVXPNoM=(osu.GameplayElements.FileSection, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zP2e3n1bDeUHWOUfOtc_BgCFdVzEu.#=zWEIo85E=(Boolean, Boolean) at #=z8fAXx1KkwXQVDslN24b1MSVjojEx.#=zVBXZTc2xm55D() at #=zuwfwnNV3eq7q6XIf5_V557g=.#=z3JbHjCk=() at #=zfhjrwbOJApcpofg2Mg==+#=zkSz_Rs6a59wk6hWRc_eB6Ug=.#=z2hiXcuqqLm$GiJbeCw8NFPI=() at #=zgfRPpNH4DVouVPcew_6nKViriDp4+#=z9m5LMsoXUiDokt1JpDPEFvk=.#=zEHdfO5Em7_NMlEkuWg==(System.Object) at #=z0As3f94NGz3iUzJ5Uz9uwPU=.#=z0iCbFCHEYIxi() at #=z0As3f94NGz3iUzJ5Uz9uwPU=.#=z0Ns5mZs=() at #=zVpSSamIGON7UpICsMgioHtA=.#=z0iCbFCHEYIxi(#=z0As3f94NGz3iUzJ5Uz9uwPU=) at #=zVpSSamIGON7UpICsMgioHtA=.#=zwIETPO7J8hXy() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://streamable.com/w68ti8

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
1. Make sure to turn off the discord overlay, see if that fixes it.
2. Does the crashing happen if you are using the default skin?
Topic Starter
beadaboobies
1. I did that and It still crashes.
2. I tried using skin and default skin and both crashes
Blushing
Try making sure youve got all your OS updates up-to-date, even if it says there are no updates make sure there are none.

Might be beneficial to uninstall you graphics drivers with a DDU then reinstall them with the most recent updated drivers from the manufacture's website.

Or you can try repairing your .NET version to see if that works:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135
Polyspora
are you experiencing any freezing before the crash?
Topic Starter
beadaboobies

Polyspora wrote:

are you experiencing any freezing before the crash?
it freezes for a bit before and crashes after that

I did everything and I think repairing my .net version fixed it because it shows it needed to repair some stuff. but now when I play the beatmap it doesnt crash anymore but it doesnt load. Its stuck on loading

I also get this error "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created" whenever i close osu