forum

How do i make mania-note1L bigger, and change the color to be the same as mania-note2.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swarguy
I started playing 7k recently and most people find it better to have 3 different colors for each finger. I wanted blue, yellow, white. So i started changing the mania-note2, and mania-noteS, though when i change it, the mania-note2L it gets unaligned and is smaller the the note. How can i make it bigger and fit the size of the note, I have tried to increase the size itself but it doesn't do anything. I have also changed the column width to be from 90 to 75 and using a different more vibrant note.

Here's a picture showing it. https://imgur.com/a/VdVWPNR

Also when i changed to this, the outer keys of 4k and others keys change there color to a different note, is there anyway the can change it to only show mania-note1h on 4k but all 3 notes on 7k. https://imgur.com/a/Xi1AfTH

Thanks
JustABeginner
Hi Swarguy!

I believe you need to increase the width of the "long grey note" exactly to the width of the circle. So you need some editing skills to remove it and replace with a wider one.

If you increase the size itself, you also increase along with the circle note, making it remain the same.
And ColumnWidth in your skin.ini is only to adjust the column of the mania column, not the notes itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Replace your mania-note1 with the images of mania-note1h but only removing the long note part if there is - and to change the colour you can copy them and replace mania-note2 and mania-noteS .

Although, I'm not too sure if that's what you want especially with the last statement, but can you describe more about it to us if it isn't? That will help us a lot.
Topic Starter
Swarguy

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi Swarguy!

I believe you need to increase the width of the "long grey note" exactly to the width of the circle. So you need some editing skills to remove it and replace with a wider one.

If you increase the size itself, you also increase along with the circle note, making it remain the same.
And ColumnWidth in your skin.ini is only to adjust the column of the mania column, not the notes itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Replace your mania-note1 with the images of mania-note1h but only removing the long note part if there is - and to change the colour you can copy them and replace mania-note2 and mania-noteS .

Although, I'm not too sure if that's what you want especially with the last statement, but can you describe more about it to us if it isn't? That will help us a lot.
Thank you, for first issue i was able to solve it by just decreasing the size of the png (note) it self while keeping the image/backgound the same size.
In the second statement i meant to say that from what iv seen, the default notes osu uses for 4k are "mania-note1, mania-note2, and there slider img, mania-note#H" (if the skin doesn't have a designated mania, orbs, or files folder, like taiko does) Originally both my mania-Note# were both blue, so in 4k all 4 notes are blue. When i added white to mania-note1/1h for 7k, when opening any 4k map in mania, the outer 2 notes were white, while the inner 2 notes were blue. I was asking how can i make the outer 2 notes also blue by using the mania-note2/2h image.(only in 4k as i find it easier to read unlike 7k) I started looking through some skins and in there skin.ini, they used something like "NoteImage0: mania-note2" (only for skins with out designated mania, orbs and file) though i don't know how it fully works. As Noteimage0 seems to change the first note??? For some reason instead of noteimage1. So i was asking if anyone knew how it works because i don't really understand why as, Space for 7k is Noteimage4, instead of NoteimageS.

Thank you
JustABeginner
It is possible to have:

1.) All four notes coloured blue in 4K
2.) Different varience of colours in 7K

You can achieve it by applying or configuring the code in skin.ini - which is going to be complicated at first but no worries.

Before touching any of the skin.ini:

1.) Create a folder within the skin and name it mania - or any name you like.
2.) Copy the blue orb note - along with the long note of it, and paste it inside the newly created folder.
That includes mania-note#, mania-note#h, mania-note#l and mania-note#t

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, go back to skin.ini.
Scroll down until you see:

[Mania]
Keys: 4

/* lines of commands here */

Under that section, add the following code:

NoteImage0: mania/mania-note#
NoteImage0H: mania/mania-note#h
NoteImage0L: mania/mania-note#l
NoteImage0T: mania/mania-note#t

NoteImage1: mania/mania-note#
NoteImage1H: mania/mania-note#h
NoteImage1L: mania/mania-note#l
NoteImage1T: mania/mania-note#t

NoteImage2: mania/mania-note#
NoteImage2H: mania/mania-note#h
NoteImage2L: mania/mania-note#l
NoteImage2T: mania/mania-note#t

NoteImage3: mania/mania-note#
NoteImage3H: mania/mania-note#h
NoteImage3L: mania/mania-note#l
NoteImage3T: mania/mania-note#t

/* Note: This is a filepath that searches the mania folder - the one it created, and the images
         based on the names after. So you need to make sure the names are corrected. */

This allows changes in the notes for 4K part only to all coloured blue.
And as for the 7K, you can leave it default by reverting to the colour code of blue, yellow and white.