forum

[Archived] Osu!lazer started spiking after I changed directory

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LmaoLmao10000
Soo basically I've been playing lazer for 4 months now and so far had no issues with lag or anything, I was averaging 900fps and 1.2ms, but I decided to change my directory to a different disk because my C disk was getting full, and from then on my game became really slow and really buggy. The beatmaps spike my game so hard when I click them, and some functions sometimes don't work at all. It's literally as if an important asset got deleted from the game. And yes, I did try uninstalling it and that didn't help.

Here's a recording of it: https://medal.tv/games/osu/clips/ieRSBZIHIrrvbtO-V/d1337pPvxCI3?invite=cr-MSxMMUksMjI1Mzk3ODYwLA

BTW. The lag in the video isn't NEARLY as bad as it usually is, it's only minor because I already loaded everything. If I were to restart my pc and try again it'll be at least 10x worse, so bad that my game would freeze for almost a minute each time. Please help me fix it if possible

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
tsunyoku
What sort of drive did you move it to? If it's an older/slower drive then reading any files is going to be slower and may result in what you're seeing (although this seems pretty extreme). It shouldn't cause issues during gameplay though.
Topic Starter
LmaoLmao10000

tsunyoku wrote:

What sort of drive did you move it to? If it's an older/slower drive then reading any files is going to be slower and may result in what you're seeing (although this seems pretty extreme). It shouldn't cause issues during gameplay though.
Moved it to my F drive which has much more space, I created a folder inside and called it osu!lazer then changed the directory to it