forum

[Archived] removing scores.db file erased all my local scores

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[IN]insanity435
Problem details: I had that "local beatmap database is corrupt thing" that i got used to and just removed the scores.db file and reloaded osu and then it was all fine. But now i wanted my scores back that i had lost on one of these corrupt things a long ago and i just again removed the scores.db file restared the game but for some reason the game was super slow laggy i had to restart it again and plus all of my scores are gone even scores that i played today. I'm on a MAC high sierra so i'm using a old version of osu idk if that helps

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
Not sure what you thought removing/deleting your score database would do other than remove the scores from your local computer.

You can restore it if it is still in your recycle/trash bin but if its not then its more than likely gone forever. Try not to remove databases without knowing what its going to do. The wiki states: wiki/en/Client/Program_files#database-files-(.db) here and here wiki/en/Gameplay/Replay#end-replay:

wiki wrote:

Alternatively, deleting the scores.db (which contains local leaderboard scores and pointers to encrypted replays) will make all (not exported) replays and local leaderboard scores lost forever.
Topic Starter
[IN]insanity435
it is still in there i made sure to never delete it but what i saw is that by taking it away from the osu folder osu would recreate my scores from the replay data and it always worked like that only now that it's all gone