forum

aimod has a problem with everything i do

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
antiinfholic
So, I'm making this map, and somehow a slider repeat on 6 beat snap divisor got into the 12 section? apparently aimod thinks its 12 when the circles i made where 6 snap, and the slider and its end was literally straight and 6 snap.... then when i replaced it with circles aimod has a problem with all of the circles RIGHT after the slider (replaced) WTH!? You can't get your map ranked with AIMOD errors and this is a hug eproblem, it thinks object is unsnapped, on rare snap divisor I don't even use (5,7,12,16) and also on a red slider it says slider end isnt snapped and i keep changing it and aimod just hates me for some reason? Why and how can I fix this (ill be updating/updated by the time anyone posts) I have 44 compose errors that werent even there and 100 distance snap errors though most of the map/streams are literally made with distance snap... I cannot (also i had grid snap on btw)
edit: I think I know why, when I tryed to fix the repeat I changeed the bpm in the timming points then deleted it. a
now im manually fixing them
also just found out object didnt need grid snap
DeletedUser_13957006

antiinfholic wrote:

You can't get your map ranked with AIMOD errors
citation needed

being serious now, you should ignore a lot of the problems AiMod tells you to fix. if it says "rare divisor used in <timestamp>" you could justify it in modding if necessary. however, unsnapped notes are and can be a problem, so i would suggest you to fix it (most of the time you would just need to wiggle the object in the timeline a bit). as for distance snap errors, ignore them unless you're mapping an easy or normal diff.
Zelzatter Zero
AIMod is pretty outdated, but some of them can be really useful to see anything unrankable.

Unsnapped objects is the most serious of all so put that into top priority.

Unsnapped Kiai can be taken into account as well unless intended.

15-sec toggle can be ignored completely as some mappers spams Kiai a lot.

Slider nodes amount can be ignored as well.

Offscreen objects is the one that I take with the most grain of salt. Since the field display in the editor is different in the actual gameplay, I suggest testplay it instead. Make sure to use a transparent pause-overlay element for this.

Combo should be considered unless intended.

Distance snap should be used in mainly Easy and Normal diff as distance equality matters. Hard works as well but don't rely too much on it, Insane or above can ditch it completely.

etc etc.

TL;DR Judge the info in AIMod accordingly, which can be gained by map and mod more.
TheKingHenry

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Offscreen objects is the one that I take with the most grain of salt. Since the field display in the editor is different in the actual gameplay, I suggest testplay it instead. Make sure to use a transparent pause-overlay element for this.
to be fair in my experience it's sort of that everytime AiMod actually starts complaining about offscreen you better check it out, but on the other hand you can have things offscreen without AiMod batting an eye

so rather than overshooting it, with offscreens AiMod is underperforming in my experience

anyhow your general point is very much true, you can use it like any other tool but not everything it says is absolute rule by any means
lewski
I do remember being able to place sliderends just barely within 3:4 and still have aimod complain, although aimod underperformance is definitely a bigger thing since it doesn't detect offscreen sliderbodies
RGBGam3rYT
Is there a link to AIMod that someone could leave in the comments, so I could use it to make a mod for Osu! Mania?
lewski
AImod is a feature of osu!stable that finds certain issues in maps

I'm not sure what you want to accomplish but AImod is absolutely not going to help you do any of it I think
Serizawa Haruki

RGBGam3rYT wrote:

Is there a link to AIMod that someone could leave in the comments, so I could use it to make a mod for Osu! Mania?
You should've made a new post instead of replying to an old one, but whatever.

AImod is already integrated in the editor, you just have to press ctrl+shift+a while in the editor to open it. But as others have said, it's outdated and not reliable for a lot of things, so take it with a grain of salt.

A more useful modding tool is Mapset Verifier which you can find here: https://github.com/Naxesss/MapsetVerifier