forum

not improving anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Laxxer
hi so i tried in the pasta few times to get into the mentorship program and have mapped a good since then but i dont know how to take my maps from their current quality to a higher level.

i feel like spam mapping isn't helping me anymore like it did in the past so im not sure how to improve anymore without relying on rng during mentorship cycles...

if anyone who maybe was in a similar position could help me that would be great
McEndu
This is what I got from another mapper regarding the mentorship:

flouah wrote:

I honestly wouldn't depend on the mentorship program, you're pretty much not guaranteed to enter and you'll have to wait around 2 months~
You should probably seek more feedback from modding queues instead.
Topic Starter
Laxxer

McEndu wrote:

This is what I got from another mapper regarding the mentorship:

flouah wrote:

I honestly wouldn't depend on the mentorship program, you're pretty much not guaranteed to enter and you'll have to wait around 2 months~
You should probably seek more feedback from modding queues instead.
i try with modding queues but not many people mod my map and even if i do get a mod it's not one that can help me improve my mapping at a fundamental level
momoyo
Try joining some mapping communities (mostly discord servers) and either find a proper mapper to get privately mentored by instead of just waiting for someone to pick you in the mentorship program.

That is how I got into mapping myself 4 years ago so it's my personal advice.
lewski
agree with momoyo + i think directly asking mappers u think are good for feedback is worthwhile too

the mentorship program is cool and all but u dont need ur mentor figures to be from there, its just one possible source; just waiting to maybe get in some day isnt the play here
Randomness64
i think asking someone who has got experience privately is the best aproach in getting better rn (as everyone stated)