forum

[Archived] I can't update the game files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
3epaopa
Problem details:Hello dear moderation, today I ran into one of probably the main problems in the OS, that is, not the ability to update the game files, respectively, I can't do anything online, since bancho does not register me, I understood nothing about the error in the game logs, and therefore I did not even try to do anything on my own, in turn, I play without any cheats and have never used them.
In fact, this situation bothers me a lot because I have been in the game for a long time and my operating system has not been updated for quite a long time, respectively, I think that the error may lie in this.
Please help me in such an unpleasant situation

Video or screenshot showing the problem: file:///C:/Users/Сергей/AppData/Local/osu!/Screenshots/screenshot001.jpg

osu! version: Stable 20240425.2 (latest)
MusicRitman

3epaopa wrote:

Problem details:Hello dear moderation, today I ran into one of probably the main problems in the OS, that is, not the ability to update the game files, respectively, I can't do anything online, since bancho does not register me, I understood nothing about the error in the game logs, and therefore I did not even try to do anything on my own, in turn, I play without any cheats and have never used them.
In fact, this situation bothers me a lot because I have been in the game for a long time and my operating system has not been updated for quite a long time, respectively, I think that the error may lie in this.
Please help me in such an unpleasant situation

Video or screenshot showing the problem: file:///C:/Users/Сергей/AppData/Local/osu!/Screenshots/screenshot001.jpg

osu! version: Stable 20240425.2 (latest)
Hello. If you wanna post an image, please upload it to any image sharing site (except imgur), copy image link and use the image bbcode
[img]https://www.example.com/somepicture.jpeg[/img]
wiki/en/BBCode#images
Topic Starter
3epaopa
https://postimg.cc/8JnfBzv3 here is the very image
Theflameosu
yeah no I cant read russian
if you could translate it I could
Blushing
hmmm...

are you using a VPN or anything?

If you go into the settings and hit the button at the bottom that says "run osu! updater" does the updater show anything differently then previously?
Topic Starter
3epaopa
no bro dont used vpn
MusicRitman

Theflameosu wrote:

yeah no I cant read russian
if you could translate it I could
It says that osu is outdated and needs an update.
Blushing

3epaopa wrote:

no bro dont used vpn
ok but did you try the second thing I suggested?

If so, go into your osu! folder and try to find the osu!auth.dll, remove this file while osu! is closed. This forces osu! to try to update.
Domco
Upgrade .NET framework to 4.7 or 4.8