forum

Taiko Ranks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Foxy101
I became a taiko player after I gave up on the Osu! Standard and my ranking seem pretty good to me but I just need to know at how high of ranking am I considered a pro taiko player and what is an average taiko ranking
Mayomi
I'm average, everyone better than me is pro, everyone worse than me is trash /s

rank isn't necessarily an accurate representation of skill, plz enjoy game
tho to actually answer your question, idk about average but I'd consider high 3 digit as being pro
Lyawi
I agree with Mayomi. we're only a few ranks apart lol
We play around 6-7* and 3 digit is hard to hit. Rank 500 and better are the "pro taiko players" to me, playing-wise
Akazukin-MK2
You are pro when you are eligible for TWC or so I believe.
Tedward765
Should be obvious that what people consider to be "pro" will depend on who you ask. I think a better question to ask is, who do you want to be considered pro to?
sam_i_am
pro taiko player would be the 2 digits

average would be around #4000 i guess
flr
imo, if you can play TWC maps that would mean you're pro
maesil
unfortunately, playing twc maps vs playing twc maps at the level that ppl in twc play the maps are quite different 🥲
Count_B
I'd say if you can pass twc maps, you're an A-tier player. Obviously if you can 99% them, then you're SS tier.
arbiter of soup
"pro" is a weird term and it's gonna change depending on who you ask, especially because pp is kinda a meaningless metric, moreso right now than ever before, but regardless here's an idea
3 digit = good
top 250 = incredibly good, high level for sure
top 100 = top level
again take this with a grain of salt as pp is next to meaningless and the only true measure of skill, is skill
Shirai-
you can play suck and still be pro as long as you're actively in comp..

but if talking about strong players there are no real thumb on how you can define.. i'd say they can play well on around 8* 7_7 or KTYN kind of maps would be a good indicator. from my eyes tho, 17kpp and up caliber players i can consider them monsters.

current pp system is quite funny i tell you. im 94xx pp #15xx and 12,8kpp could be #3xx. meanwhile #1 is 22,6k and #2 is 21,9k which is like 10kpp difference between #300 and #1. good indicator on how shit pp maps are now. so i would say actively competing players or 17kpp and up can be called pro.