forum

[Archived] How to uninstall osu!lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
as you know installing osu!lazer is very easy but uninstalling osu!Lazer is tricky and hard. when I try to uninstall osu!lazer from control panel, it uninstalls but the files of osu!lazer are still there in appdata->local and appdata->roaming. so should I delete this files? and after deleting this files, will the game be uninstalled? please message here so that those who want to uninstall osu!lazer can get help
wowcake
It should just uninstall the game completely using the control panel. Not sure why are there leftover files.

But yeah, delete both osu!lazer folders if you want it to be entirely gone.
euby

Rhthym32 wrote:

as you know installing osu!lazer is very easy but uninstalling osu!Lazer is tricky and hard. when I try to uninstall osu!lazer from control panel, it uninstalls but the files of osu!lazer are still there in appdata->local and appdata->roaming. so should I delete this files? and after deleting this files, will the game be uninstalled? please message here so that those who want to uninstall osu!lazer can get help
windows setting > add or remove programs. search osu!lazer and click uninstall
Jukendrixk
i need help with uninstalling im not seeing where the folders are
Bob th

jukendrick wrote:

i need help with uninstalling im not seeing where the folders are

"AppData" is a hidden folder, you can easily access it with "%appdata%" in the path field which brings you to "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming" or just go to "C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData"
breadpilotz
ok, so i wanted to uninstall osu lazer because i cant gain pp for some reason. i deleted everything i could related to osu lazer, but when i double click on the download of a map it opens it in osu lazer although i have thought i deleted everything related to it.does anyone have an idea what the issue could be because im absolutely clueless and i cant import new maps into osu standart now.
Blushing

breadpilotz wrote:

ok, so i wanted to uninstall osu lazer because i cant gain pp for some reason. i deleted everything i could related to osu lazer, but when i double click on the download of a map it opens it in osu lazer although i have thought i deleted everything related to it.does anyone have an idea what the issue could be because im absolutely clueless and i cant import new maps into osu standart now.
youll need to remove all of the osu!lazer files, this means the osu!lazer folder as it is made to be modular it doesnt work like other programs.

also, please dont bump old threads like these, this thread is nearly 2 years old.

PP doesnt come from the client but from the website/web services so if you are not gaining PP especially on lazer youll need to make sure you have the checkmark on the "lazer" mode on your profile checked to see your lazer gains.

also, it is intended behavior for .osz files to open in lazer as this is what the developers have planned. If you want to import songs from the website into stable you can drag and drop the .osz into osu! stable as well as dragging and dropping it onto the icon.