forum

[Archived] Osu connecting to bacnho and osu!updater issues (on Linux)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
u]I[EBCK-CYPrYT
Problem details: It's infinite "connecting to bancho" and "connection failed, trying again in 30 seconds" and etc. I am from Russia, but don't think this issue about cloudfare block (everything worked before peppy fixing, but started crashing some time after).
I am using Fedora 39, wine 9.1, but upgrading it to wine 9.5, maybe this can help some way. osu!updater is also stuck with "no internet connection". I do have internet, tried to connect via wifi and ethernet, tried to change net, tried vpns and proxys, nothing helped. I am pretty new at linux, so it'd be great if someone can help

osu! version: Beta 20240330.1
eukaryota
Same problem Stable 20240123 (haven't run it in a while), Arch Linux, Wine 9.5 but also doesn't work when downgraded to 9.2
Not in Russia, but I think the fix is related to the network issue
Topic Starter
u]I[EBCK-CYPrYT

orangix wrote:

Same problem Stable 20240123 (haven't run it in a while), Arch Linux, Wine 9.5 but also doesn't work when downgraded to 9.2
Not in Russia, but I think the fix is related to the network issue
Not really, fixed problem deleting fedora and installing Mint 21, so I guess I just broke smth in Fedora net settings =)
eukaryota
I'm not in a position to just reinstall my OS right now, but there's definitely a networking issue, because I tried running the installer and it also doesn't work. Also tried updating .NET in the wineprefix, which didn't work.
But it works in Bottles now which is the important part.

Bottles
Dependencies are cjkfonts, allfonts, and dotnet48. If you get a black screen, I fixed it by locally compiling the flatpak for Bottles with libxcomposite, I added this to the flatpak manifest under "modules":

- name: xcomposite
    buildsystem: simple
    sources:
      - type: archive
        url: https://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/lib/libXcomposite-0.4.6.tar.xz
        sha512: f35a0da8f9f22fd788eee01209557fe3a1b1abdc9744f76330ba42b21b6e3af5464ca4451c33415856417c30da5aa5624e3707980c644327249bfeda5a62a59b
    build-commands:
      - export CC="gcc -m32"
      - export CXX="g++ -m32"
      - export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/lib32/pkgconfig"
      - ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-static --libdir=/usr/lib32
      - make
      - make DESTDIR=/app install

Obviously versions have to be updated manually which is annoying...

Anyway thats how I fixed it.