forum

[Archived] cursor is moving way too fast in-game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TwilightInk
every time i boot up the game, it's the same speed as it is on my computer normally (speed 2 on windows). however, right when i start playing a map, the cursor speed gets faster. i've turned the in-game cursor sensitivity down the lowest it can be, along with the speed on my computer itself, and even still it's moving very noticeably faster than it normally does. the raw input setting is turned on, and i've messed with every other setting in the mouse category and nothing has helped. if anyone has any suggestions, it would be extremely appreciated! really don't feel like relearning over a year of muscle memory lol

running on the latest version of osu & windows 11
Blushing
Does your mouse have software that allows you to change profiles/states based on certain games?

If so, it might be defaulting to the softwares DPI rather than the windows controlled version.
Topic Starter
TwilightInk
i don't think it does, but i'm not sure. where would i need to go to check that? (i'm using a wired usb mouse if that helps)
Wimpy Cursed

TwilightInk wrote:

i don't think it does, but i'm not sure. where would i need to go to check that? (i'm using a wired usb mouse if that helps)
Search up the brand of your mouse and try to find an app for it.

Also, to clarify, does this only happen once you are in a map or anytime that you are in the game (menu, song selection)?
Topic Starter
TwilightInk
alright i think i got it working! there's a dpi button on the mouse with some presets; i think having osu open might just bump the sensitivity a bit on my computer for whatever reason (i believe it's anytime i'm in the game, it's just more noticeable during gameplay). thanks for the help y'all :)