forum

[resolved] osu Lazer corrupted after the latest update (312.0 or 312.1)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
huggu
Problem details:
My osu lazer client is unable to read/write the files. I checked the osu folder, it is as it should be (the osu-lazer folder with backups, client.realm.management, exports, files. logs, rulesets screenshots and other files). I noticed there are client_xxxxxxxx_corrupt.realm in the folder so I assume the install is corrupted?

I tried importing maps into the client. At first it failed, the notification just drops to the bottom when I click on it with no maps appearing. But upon relaunching the game, my newly imported map appears. But all the maps I had previously are not appearing.

I compared the "files" folder size before and after importing the beatmap, it is making changes to the folder, the folder used to be 104,357,429,248 bytes is now 104,359,526,400 bytes. But there is no sign that the osu lazer client is attempting to read the rest of the files. Is there a way to manually force the client to refresh its database?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Lazer 2024.312.1
Domco
If your data is missing, please open your osu! data folder and rename the client_xxx_corrupted.realm file to client.realm (deleting the new one created with a smaller filesize).
Topic Starter
huggu
It is fixed! Thank you!