forum

[resolved] [solved] How can i turn off sliderend miss x-marks on lazer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NotAccolada800K
Problem details: I play a lot of tech maps,and it s so annoying that these sliderend x-marks re distracting so much,is there a any solution to this? (i know i can change the picture of hit-0 and other marks to blank to appear nothing,but i can't do it with x-marks on lazer.) And plz don't tell me "just play better" i like to play my fav songs,and they re hard,but if i can "turn off" hit-0 etc pictures by replacing them,can i do the same with x-marks?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://ibb.co.com/hHsdVcz
https://ibb.co.com/y0RwT9k

osu! version: Lazer 2024.221.0 (latest)
BlueChinchompa
I don't think its a setting currently to disable.
Topic Starter
NotAccolada800K
Ok,ty for answer,hope it will be feature in future,or at least some method like changing pictures etc
sineplusx
There is no setting to disable it, but the sliderend misses can be skinned via sliderendmiss.png. This was mentioned in the "pp release" video
Topic Starter
NotAccolada800K
Wow rlly? but how do i change skin files in lazer? (cuz in stable,there re no such thing as sliderendmiss.png) and in lazer,there re milions of files called:af,ar,hz,nz,br,hr etc,and idk what does they mean,also it said on readme.txt,that i can't mess with insides of lazer,so idk how to change THAT png,can u tell me what exact directory,where i can change the png's? or send a tutorial,HOW TO DO IT? Thanks in advance!

Edit:i tried to find in lazer by writing: slider,but there re no such png's,i m rlly confused.
sineplusx
You cant access the skin files in lazer directly anymore, which really sucks in this case.

The way I know which definitely works is the following:
  1. Export every single skin you want to change ("Export selected skin" in settings)
  2. Open file explorer to where the skins were exported ("Open osu! folder" in settings, folder is called "exports")
  3. Rename every skin file from .osk to .zip and unpack it into folders
  4. Change stuff in the skin folders, like putting a blank sliderendmiss.png
  5. When finished with everything, compress the folders back into .zip archives
  6. Rename the new .zip archives back to .osk
  7. Drag-and-drop the new .osk files into lazer
  8. The imported skins should update and overwrite existing ones. If they dont, you need to figure out which are the old ones and delete them manually
I know there is another way, which is to drag-and-drop the files you want to add into the ingame skin editor, but it doesnt seem to work for me. Maybe try that first.
Topic Starter
NotAccolada800K
Wow tysm!!! this advice rlly works,now nothing is appearing when i m missing,it feels so clean :)