forum

[added] Taiko and CTB IRC channel (rolling up 1 year threads

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
show more
Zekira
I love you guys
Azure_Kite
not sure If I supported already.

I support this.
Zekira
First page! Keep it up guys!
Linco
Supporting this!
Taiko and CtB guys need a place to stay .v.
Luna
support, but out of stars (like everyone else) :P
Hernan
Support
Ikillforpies
Can we just make a IRC channel for ctb and taiko already? D=
I want this so bad ToT
VelperK

Ikillforpies wrote:

I want this so bad ToT
MMzz
plox :33333333333333333333
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

Ikillforpies wrote:

I want this so bad ToT
Well, as I allready mentioned before, we need to wait for peppy. I talked with him about it, and it is possible. But it needs time because, at the moment he dosen't work for osu!.
And it would be not a bad idea to find more reasons why we need a channel(not like we have not enough lol).
At the moment I'm not much at home, so I don't have time.

Thank you for support!
Zekira
I'm just pleased to see how a lot of the enthusiasts are actually coming out instead of coming out in hiding.

Though I'm still wondering why the CtB enthusiasts aren't showing themselves too much here...
Krzysiek
In comparison #romania channel request (eventually denied) managed to get 40 stars in 34 hours. I don't share your enthusiasm ^^.
Luna

Krzysiek wrote:

In comparison #romania channel request (eventually denied) managed to get 40 stars in 34 hours.
I guess Romanian players didn't waste all their stars way back when xP
Remilia--_old

Krzysiek wrote:

I don't share your enthusiasm ^^.
eldnl
Nice idea.
Zekira
Needs more stars OwO
Kurai
+support
Zekira
Come on people, come out of hiding~
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Thank you for support!
Mara
SUPPORTIIIINGGGG
Zekira
Why can't I get my stars back just for this thread D:
Ikillforpies

Zekira wrote:

Why can't I get my stars back just for this thread D:
IKR!
I want my star back so i can put in to this ToT
also i would put 2 stars ToT
Dr Loliberg
vote
MMzz
keep postin yo
Zekira
Definitely!
anongos
When is peppy going to get back on osu! anyway? I know he's busy and its his time, just kinda curious as to see how long we should wait for a response.
Ephemeral
use #videogames or some other unused channel
Krzysiek
Taiko and CtB are two different communities and therefore need two channels and it shouldn't be a regular unused channel.
lepidopodus

Ephemeral wrote:

Uh, so you let us use #videogames? Hmm, I might use that, but will others come too?

Aaanyway Taiko can be considered as one of videogames so let's talk about it in there, maybe?
Zekira
Only if #videogames is gonna be renamed

Remember however by 'Taiko' I think people actually mean 'Taiko community' though and not just the video game... at least that's what I think
Sakura
Considering Taiko no Tatsujin is a different videogame i dont see why not, plus its not like many ppl use #videogames to begin with
Equivalent_old
Put my name on the support list. Is there any harm making one for them?
anongos
I can see how we can turn #videogames into our own channel. The problem is, as lepi have said, is if we can get others into the bandwagon.

Or just rename that channel to #taiko, as Zekira have said.
Krzysiek

You forgot #ctb
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

Ephemeral wrote:

To be honest Ephemeral, this answer makes me thinking "Has this guyGMT read this thread in any kind?"
I mean, the answer has been allready given in severel posts. Also in the first post:

2.) Quotation: I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
- Quotation: I don't see why 4000 people should chat in one channel. Personaly, I don't want read everything of every game-mod and how 100 people are spaming.

It is not #osu but #videogames. And I personally don't want to see - let's say - 500 other people who are talking about CTB or other videogames.
And what will defintally happen is, that people from both communitys gonna go to argue about, which game is the better one.
This really dosen't need to be, right?
Also what I want to mention is, Taiko (no Tatsujin) and CTB are not just videogames, they are a part of osu!, am I right? Otherwise they wouldn't be on Osu!.
Edit: Oh right, as one person from the Taiko/CTB community, I feel with this answer thrown away like trash, honestly...

Now I want to ask something and hope to receive an answer:
How dose it come that a country get his channel with 50 people but two whole communitys with more people not?

Zekiras answer to Lepidopodus question would be also mine.

And I want to mention once again that I've talked to peppy. Just waiting for respons.

Thank's to the other people for support!
anongos
Sorry bout that. I don't play CTB, but I guess it is unfair for me to just ignore it. If we take Ephemeral's suggestion, then #videogames could become a hybrid of taiko and CTB. #CTB/taiko

There isn't a "new" channel per say, so people can't really complain about having one more channel to monitor and maintain.

EDIT:
It is not #osu but #videogames. And I personally don't want to see - let's say - 500 other people who are talking about CTB or other videogames.
^This
Pizzicato
+support.
ekopret8ks

OnosakiHito wrote:

Also Taiko and CTB are a part of osu! and not just an external game.
Oh right, as one person from the Taiko/CTB community, I feel with this answer thrown away like trash, honestly...
Been there^. btw I support this.
I don't know what there problem is with Taiko and ctb anyways.
anongos
One thing I keep hearing from them is the added hassle of having two more channels to monitor and moderate. TBH though, they don't have to be the mod. I'm pretty sure we can handle that ourselves.
dkun

OnosakiHito wrote:

Now I want to ask something and hope to receive an answer:
How dose it come that a country get his channel with 50 people but two whole communitys with more people not?
Because a country generally speaks in another language. Out of all people, I would think someone that doesn't have English as a first language (even myself, English is not my first language) would understand this. How would you feel if #osu became flooded with people who speak no English?

#videogames is a solution, the channel is rarely ever used anyways.
A GMT replying to a thread offering a post solution is just as good as peppy.

anongos wrote:

One thing I keep hearing from them is the added hassle of having two more channels to monitor and moderate. TBH though, they don't have to be the mod. I'm pretty sure we can handle that ourselves.
Then you don't know a thing about moderation. If you have a chat room with no guidance from an upper power, then anarchy will come sooner or later. I know this first hand, mind you.
show more