forum

[Archived] Screen tearing issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dimactavish
Problem details: Screen tearing is REALLY bad when i play osu. I felt so much screen tearing and stutters when i play with Unlimited or Optimal settings. The only way to get rid of it is to turn on VSync, which makes the game barely playable with 17ms of latency. Compatibility mode somewhat fixes the stutters but still plenty of screen tearing and sometimes the game would just slow down.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I play on a hand-me-down laptop with GT 720M. Recently just clean installed everything though.

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
Blushing
Are you playing with the laptop plugged in and when its plugged in are you setting the laptop to "Best performance" and not "best efficiency"?
Topic Starter
dimactavish

Blushing wrote:

Are you playing with the laptop plugged in and when its plugged in are you setting the laptop to "Best performance" and not "best efficiency"?
plugged in of course, who even plays games on battery mode? since stutters are caused by inconsistencies between rendered framerate and refresh rate, it makes more sense to just pump out more FPS to tackle both the framerate and latency issues. i turned it on.