forum

[resolved] Randomly lost almost 2k rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pokefan005
Problem details: Was playing and got an FC that boosted my rank by about a thousand, which effectively reset the rank decay I'd expierienced in the last few days from not playing. Then after to a couple of UNCOMPLETED attmepts on a farm map (which I did really bad at) I went back to looking for something to play and immediatley had aroun 1900 spots taken from me. I don't really have any idea why this happened. It's not like I had a bad play that hurt my average. I never finished another one. Anyone know why this may have happened?
(I've lost rank from finishing plays that were bad but I've never lost anywhere near that much)

Video showing the problem:

https://outplayed.tv/media/Y0zwM6
osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
tsunyoku
It's hard to tell from the skin you're using in that video because it's covering the rank display but it looks like Bancho had an outdated rank for you and it sent an updated rank which is lower than what it had previously. Looking at your osu! profile, you haven't lost any 2k ranks out of nowhere apart from the standard decay you were talking about so I don't think this is an issue you need to worry about.
Topic Starter
Pokefan005
Ok, thanks
Topic Starter
Pokefan005
To reclarify for anyone that has a similar issue, I ended up getting all of said rank back a couple days later