forum

[resolved] How do i download/find a skin from a beatmap that i want??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
i love toilets
Problem details: i want an old beatmap from The Nights that is mapped by kazuya but i dont know how to download a skin from a beatmap

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
SinlessVX
go to the editor -> click on file -> open song folder

if the map hast skinned elements they will be in there
JustABeginner
Hi i love toilets!

I don't think there's an option to download only skins from the beatmap. But you can move the skin elements into a folder.
Here are some steps:

1.) Go to settings and search Open current skin folder. Once it's opened, make sure your filepath is set to ...\Local\osu!\Skins - you can check it by looking at the above tab where it shows Local > osu! > Skins >.

2.) Once you're in the correct filepath, create a new folder and name whatever name you like. Once it is done, go back into osu! and go through the beatmap's folder. (To open the beatmap folder: Go to Edit -> Go to your beatmap -> Click File -> Click Open Song Folder)

3.) You should see some images on the beatmap. To make it easier, copy all of the images except the background beatmap - any files that is a .png file or .jpg file - and paste them into the new folder you created.

4.) Once everything is done. Go back to your osu! and press the following keys altogether: Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S
Topic Starter
i love toilets
Thanks! your a lifesaver