forum

[Problem Solved] Beatmap Preview Point

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quantizedcat
Dear osu! Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I've encountered with the Beatmap Preview Point in one of my uploaded beatmaps.

When I uploaded my beatmap for the first time, I didn't select a preview point. The playback wasn't satisfactory to me, so I intend to make modifications. Now I have properly set the "Preview Point" in the editor to determine the starting position for the song preview. However, upon uploading the beatmap to the osu! website, the actual playback position does not seem to reflect the configured "Preview Point." When users click the play button on the beatmap listing, the song does not start from the intended position.

I have reviewed and adjusted the settings in the editor, ensuring the correct "Preview Point" is set, but the issue persists. I would appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide to ensure that the beatmap preview accurately reflects the configured starting position.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

This is my beatmap:
beatmapsets/2130436#mania/4481858
Blushing
Preview points can take up to around 24 hours to update from when you've set them in the client, to reuploading the new preview point to the website.

I checked the audio file and other stuff to make sure it was in a supported format and that the website would be able to play it.

Just give it some time and itll update eventually.
Topic Starter
Quantizedcat

Blushing wrote:

Preview points can take up to around 24 hours to update from when you've set them in the client, to reuploading the new preview point to the website.

I checked the audio file and other stuff to make sure it was in a supported format and that the website would be able to play it.

Just give it some time and itll update eventually.
Thank you very much!
Saeromia
I actually encountered the same problem with my most recent map, I changed the preview point as soon as I initially uploaded the beatmap but after I submit my beatmap again it doesn't change the initial preview point. It's been days now and the preview point is still yet to change. I've tried changing the mp3 and it still doesn't effect anything. Are there any other things I can do to fix this?

The beatmap: beatmapsets/2128908#osu/4476350
Topic Starter
Quantizedcat

Saeromia wrote:

I actually encountered the same problem with my most recent map, I changed the preview point as soon as I initially uploaded the beatmap but after I submit my beatmap again it doesn't change the initial preview point. It's been days now and the preview point is still yet to change. I've tried changing the mp3 and it still doesn't effect anything. Are there any other things I can do to fix this?

The beatmap: beatmapsets/2128908#osu/4476350
At first, I also thought it hadn't changed, but later I realized it was just that the browser had cached the file and hadn't refreshed it. You can try switching to a different browser and listen again to see if it works.
Saeromia

Quantizedcat wrote:

At first, I also thought it hadn't changed, but later I realized it was just that the browser had cached the file and hadn't refreshed it. You can try switching to a different browser and listen again to see if it works.
Yeah already switched between different browsers and devices but it's still didn't work. Probably later I'll update the map again and see if it'll change the preview point or not. Thanks for the help anyway.

Update: It works now, the solution is just to wait for a few days (took me weeks) and resubmit the beatmap and it will eventually fix itself :)