forum

[resolved] "This Beatmap you're trying to submit isn't yours!" (The official guide didn't help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MCXopjesh
Problem details:
I keep getting the issue "This Beatmap you're trying to submit isn't yours!" and trying to use the official guide (wiki/en/Guides/BSS_issues) didn't help

the thing is, I have a guest creator and so one of the difficulties has to list their name as the creator since the chart was mostly theirs. the official ranking criteria says:

"Guest difficulty creators, storyboarders, skinners and hitsounders must be added to the tags of a beatmap. Guest difficulty creators must be set as difficulty owners for their respective difficulties in addition to being added to tags. This is to give credit where credit is due and help others identify the main contributors of any given beatmap. Usernames in tags containing single characters separated by spaces must have the spaces replaced with underscores."

I even tried the second method detailed in the official guide, but if the issue is that all the creator names need to be the same as the poster, then I don't know why changing the creator name to something other than my username would have helped, it just made me get the error faster.

It did say to "Delete the file(s) in the SubmissionCache folder" but I couldn't find that folder where all the other osu folders are, this is my first time uploading a beatmap. I'll leave a screenshot for proof.

but yeah, I'm at a loss for what to do. Also, another weird oddity I will link with this song is that the difficulties appear at different spots in the song select. I'll leave a picture in case that's related, i think the song is hellbent on making the other charter the beatmap host and I don't know why

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gB7q0uCYwNLha6S1pz9lhCewDXeVtAUl/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kR2gYDQbJiZD55Ch_DIZLBKX7lQJ2S6F/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L42D5aumOOvv9b9dTdaA9PONSl8g-Rxa/view?usp=sharing

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
I double checked, the version is Stable 20240123
chromb
you need to change the guest difficulty creator on the WEBSITE, not in the .osu file.
Topic Starter
MCXopjesh
ok, I have it changed to where all of the names are mine now and have it pending. how do i change it on the website? I don't see how. i just need to change the credit of one difficulty
Jason X

MCXopjesh wrote:

It did say to "Delete the file(s) in the SubmissionCache folder" but I couldn't find that folder where all the other osu folders are, this is my first time uploading a beatmap. I'll leave a screenshot for proof.
In the top of your folder view, select "View" (Top left, Home | Share | View), this will open some settings, in these settings look for a checkbox called "Show hidden files", check this box.
Now you should be able to see a folder called Data (slightly seethrough/greayed out), the "SubmissionCache" folder is located within the Data folder.
Note: Only delete the contents of the SubmissionCache folder, not the whole folder.
- - - - - - - - - -

MCXopjesh wrote:

how do i change it on the website?
On the Discussion page of your map, there you can find the "Difficulty Owner" button. (screenshot for location)
Once that button is pressed a little window will pop up where you can edit the owner of each difficulty as needed (example screenshot)

Has the issue been resolved now?
If yes, nice.
If no, perhaps upload your map externally (export, then upload to google drive), so that we may have a look at it. This could help locate the issue.
Topic Starter
MCXopjesh
That did the trick, thank you!