forum

when i copy/paste japanese letters into the song select it dosent work.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo
basically, whenever i copy and paste japanese letters/symbols into the osu song setup it will only show the english alphabet and numericals (a, b, 1, 2, etc.)

how do i fix this or how do i properly do it?

(the map is not submitted yet)
[-Omni-]
so idk if this is the place to post this but u might have a setting that makes it english, since im on phone i cant find the exact name for the setting but it should be show original metadata soemthing like that
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo

[-Omni-] wrote:

so idk if this is the place to post this but u might have a setting that makes it english, since im on phone i cant find the exact name for the setting but it should be show original metadata soemthing like that
ok thx
(im not talking about the song select in the menu or whatever, i meant song setup, ill fix it rn)
lewski
it should just work if u use the fields correctly

Artist and Title accept Unicode characters (as do Source and Tags), Romanised Artist and Romanised Title only accept ASCII

(Difficulty also technically accepts Unicode but in practice having Unicode in your diffname usually makes osu! refuse to upload the map so probably don't do that even if it looks like you can)
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo

lewski wrote:

Artist and Title accept Unicode characters (as do Source and Tags), Romanised Artist and Romanised Title only accept ASCII

(Difficulty also technically accepts Unicode but in practice having Unicode in your diffname usually makes osu! refuse to upload the map so probably don't do that even if it looks like you can)
wait. so your sating the romainsed artist is the english ver of the title? (if so, im actually retarted lol)
[-Omni-]

bbbprooooo wrote:

lewski wrote:

wait. so your sating the romainsed artist is the english ver of the title? (if so, im actually retarted lol)
yeahh.. dw ur not the only one i thought that also LOL
lewski

bbbprooooo wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization
Topic Starter
bbbprooooo

[-Omni-] wrote:

bbbprooooo wrote:

lewski wrote:

yeahh.. dw ur not the only one i thought that also LOL
glad to have someone to relate to XD