forum

[Archived] osu!lazer pp confusion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kevinnuh
I'm a little confused atm about how the lazer pp works. I just set a new personal pp record on lazer and when I went to check my profile, nothing had changed. I looked on both osu.ppy.sh and lazer.ppy.sh and no updates. Is it because it takes time for it to update? I feel like I'm missing something here.
peppy
It should be immediate. It will only update https://osu.ppy.sh now – the main site. Please make sure you're on the latest version as older lazer builds will no longer submit scores!
Topic Starter
kevinnuh

peppy wrote:

It should be immediate. It will only update https://osu.ppy.sh now – the main site. Please make sure you're on the latest version as older lazer builds will no longer submit scores!
I'm pretty sure that I was on the latest release of lazer since when I loaded up and older version, it told me to update, which I did.

If I go to my "recent plays" on the main site, I can see the new top play I set. But if I scroll up to "Best Performance" it's not there.
Mekki

Kevixx wrote:

peppy wrote:

I'm pretty sure that I was on the latest release of lazer since when I loaded up and older version, it told me to update, which I did.

If I go to my "recent plays" on the main site, I can see the new top play I set. But if I scroll up to "Best Performance" it's not there.
Did you try playing in stable so it updates your total pp value?
Then go back and submit another score in Lazer. It might update your rank.
Also make sure to check the score you achieved awarded you enough pp to change your rank.
Topic Starter
kevinnuh

Mekki wrote:

Kevixx wrote:

peppy wrote:

Did you try playing in stable so it updates your total pp value?
Then go back and submit another score in Lazer. It might update your rank.
Also make sure to check the score you achieved awarded you enough pp to change your rank.
ok so many things are happening.

To start, before doing what you said, I check my profile on osu.ppy.sh and everything was the same. The top play I got the night before was there, but was still in my recently played. My rank was 226k w/ 2.9k pp

I launched stable and played a random map. I then check the main site and I immediately lost 200pp (down to 2.7k) and deranked 20k (down to 246K) after ranking up 20k (up to 226k) when I updated osu!lazer.

I then launched lazer and played a random map, I checked my profile in lazer and my new top play was on my best performances tab. When I checked the main site, I was back to where I started +200pp (now 2.9k) and +20k (now 226k)rank without my new top play in my best performances tab.
MusicRitman

Kevixx wrote:

ok so many things are happening.

To start, before doing what you said, I check my profile on osu.ppy.sh and everything was the same. The top play I got the night before was there, but was still in my recently played. My rank was 226k w/ 2.9k pp

I launched stable and played a random map. I then check the main site and I immediately lost 200pp (down to 2.7k) and deranked 20k (down to 246K) after ranking up 20k (up to 226k) when I updated osu!lazer.

I then launched lazer and played a random map, I checked my profile in lazer and my new top play was on my best performances tab. When I checked the main site, I was back to where I started +200pp (now 2.9k) and +20k (now 226k)rank without my new top play in my best performances tab.
Lazer has a different pp system, so it overwrites stable. Stable also overwrites lazer.