forum

Edit sections of beatmaps without loosing rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swarguy
I have no clue how to edit beat maps, but i want to practice a certain pattern about 40 sec into the map. So i just looked up a guide to edit a section of a beatmap and did what they did. But after i saved it as a new difficulty, It seems to get rid of my rank in the official ranked version. And the only way i found how to get it back is deleting the beatmap file and redownloading the same one.

Is there a way to edit a section of a beatmap and save it as a new diff, without loosing the rank?

The guide said to: (Highlight selected part, copy, select all, right click, paste, save as new diff)
Nao Tomori
u have to make a new difficulty (don't delete objects / start from scratch) and then name the new diff something else and delete out the parts u don't want. that way nothing is modified in the ranked version of the diff and u have an unranked unsubmitted practice diff to play.
Topic Starter
Swarguy

Nao Tomori wrote:

u have to make a new difficulty (don't delete objects / start from scratch) and then name the new diff something else and delete out the parts u don't want. that way nothing is modified in the ranked version of the diff and u have an unranked unsubmitted practice diff to play.
It Still seems to get rid of the rank, did i do something wrong?

Heres a video: https://imgur.com/a/beVtUKt

Sorry for the late response i posted the forum late at night.
bbbprooooo

Swarguy wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

if you want to play a certian part of the map, you should go to "Create a new difficulty" create a name, and then when it says something like "would you like to start fresh and remove all objects?" click no. it will duplicate the beatmap and you can edit the parts you want to play.
Topic Starter
Swarguy

bbbprooooo wrote:

Swarguy wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

if you want to play a certian part of the map, you should go to "Create a new difficulty" create a name, and then when it says something like "would you like to start fresh and remove all objects?" click no. it will duplicate the beatmap and you can edit the parts you want to play.
I dont know if its a me problem or the file itself, because its still clears the rank.

Iv tryed doing what everyone says, it makes a copy but when i save exit the editor and check other difficulties, there ranks are gone, unless i replace there files with new orginal files.
bbbprooooo

Swarguy wrote:

bbbprooooo wrote:

Swarguy wrote:

Nao Tomori wrote:

I dont know if its a me problem or the file itself, because its still clears the rank.

Iv tryed doing what everyone says, it makes a copy but when i save exit the editor and check other difficulties, there ranks are gone, unless i replace there files with new orginal files.
it works for me, idk what to tell you then srry.
It probably is a computer or osu version problem, i dont know if it works on lazer (if your using lazer)
Jason X

bbbprooooo wrote:

It probably is a computer or osu version problem
Nope, it's not.

Editing a ranked map, or creating a new difficulty for practice disables the leaderboards.
This is because the now edited/created difficulty does not match what has been submitted via the Beatmap Submission System/the servers Database (when it was ranked).
There is no way to get the leaderboard or rank status enabled for the edited/created difficulty.

Hope this clears the confusion
Topic Starter
Swarguy

Jason X wrote:

bbbprooooo wrote:

It probably is a computer or osu version problem
Nope, it's not.

Editing a ranked map, or creating a new difficulty for practice disables the leaderboards.
This is because the now edited/created difficulty does not match what has been submitted via the Beatmap Submission System/the servers Database (when it was ranked).
There is no way to get the leaderboard or rank status enabled for the edited/created difficulty.

Hope this clears the confusion
Oh all right, but is there a faster way to get the ranks back without redownloading new ones?

(Im using stable)

Edit: i meant get the ranks back for the original ranked beatmaps not the new difficulty one.

Say i got A rank on said hard mode of a beat map, then i want to practice a section on the insane difficulty, So i go to the insane difficulty, go in the edit and create a new difficulty then save the new difficulty i created from insane. When i go back to the editing menu or selection menu, it clears the rank on the hard map and other difficulties on the map etc even tho i never edited the hard map nor the insane, but created a new difficulty instead.

I have found a way to get it back some what faster, after editing the new diff and saving it, when it clears the ranked ver say hard, i just need to to the edit screen on hard then exit back out to get its rank back. Which is still tedious to do it every time.
lewski
the only way to avoid that that I can think of would be to put the practice diff in an entirely different set (the second set of instructions here) but that's also a bunch of effort

basically, either put in some effort or deal with not having rank icons after making practice diffs

when you do stuff osu! isn't designed to handle, you shouldn't expect to find elegant solutions
Topic Starter
Swarguy
Alright thank you to everyone who helped, I’ll just replace the files as now I found a much faster way to do it, compared to my original way which took much longer and would have to do it again if I messed up.