forum

Osu Mania keynotes/key skin bug.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swarguy
When im trying to play osu mania both key notes and keys are bugged. The keys are Infront of the key notes when they are clicked or missed. The key notes are not spawning in the correct order and are being inputted as a hit or missed even when there not the the keys or the bottom.

the pictures are here: https://imgur.com/a/Z80w9UJ

I also would try to upload the skin i dont know how.
GrubDarlng
Ok so there seems to be a number of issues.

1. Why are my notes in the wrong order?

Basically your "mania-note2H" got switched with your "mania-note2". The stretched appearance is due to the game trying to stretch a half-circle end the full length of the LN. Flipping the names around should fix that.

2. Why is the note hitting early?

If you look in your skin.ini file you should be able to find a line of code called "HitPosition:" and then followed by some number. Hit position is where the game processes your input. Most skins run numbers between 400-450. The higher your number the later the hit position, and the lower the earlier. Based on your screencaps the hit position is most likely lower. Do trial and error to find the best number for your specific skin.

If I'm missreading what you're saying feel free to clarify.
Topic Starter
Swarguy

GrubDarlng wrote:

Ok so there seems to be a number of issues.

1. Why are my notes in the wrong order?

Basically your "mania-note2H" got switched with your "mania-note2". The stretched appearance is due to the game trying to stretch a half-circle end the full length of the LN. Flipping the names around should fix that.

2. Why is the note hitting early?

If you look in your skin.ini file you should be able to find a line of code called "HitPosition:" and then followed by some number. Hit position is where the game processes your input. Most skins run numbers between 400-450. The higher your number the later the hit position, and the lower the earlier. Based on your screencaps the hit position is most likely lower. Do trial and error to find the best number for your specific skin.

If I'm missreading what you're saying feel free to clarify.
Thank you! I tried it out and switched some of the skins around and it works fine now. And i messed around with the hitPosition and got a decent number with more accurate hits.