forum

[Archived] frame dropping and input lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
maaarks
hi so i have this problem for more than 2 weeks i just waited thinking it was some update that wasn't going well but its still happening. so, when i start any map, the fps and ms are all good (600 and 1,7) but then after some seconds it drops the fps to 150< and the ms rise to 10+ causing input lag and making the game feel uncomfortable. i had like 2 days of at least 30+ minutes playing without this happening but idk what its the cause. also, when i alt tab or press alt+f9 to screen record, it comes back to normal, but after a few seconds it becomes laggy again. appreciate if anyone can help..

osu! version: Stable 20231207.2 (latest)
BlueChinchompa
Do you have something like Compatibility mode on?
SinlessVX
Play on unlimited fps if you aren't already..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GrQv8GCFNA&t
and follow this tutorial
went from 1.5 to 0.4

if you your pc is doodoo you can go into the osu config file and go to MyPcSucks = 0 and change it to 1
Topic Starter
maaarks

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Do you have something like Compatibility mode on?
'
no. i already tried using a few days ago but didn't change nothing..

SinlessVX wrote:

Play on unlimited fps if you aren't already..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GrQv8GCFNA&t
and follow this tutorial
went from 1.5 to 0.4

if you your pc is doodoo you can go into the osu config file and go to MyPcSucks = 0 and change it to 1
about the unlimited fps, yes i always play with optimal, i tried a session only with unlimited earlier today and it went well.
after following the tutorial..... nothing changed. idk why, my game seem a little unstable.
and i used mypcsucks1 when my pc used to be garbage but i recently bought a new cpu and this config was still active and the game lagging, tried to disable but again nothing changed.
i am playing rn and the bug only happened in the first seconds in-game

yea nvm it's lagging again
_Rusty
Hello, i also have this issue.

I run unlimited renderer with 144hz, 0.3 ms of input lag and randomly will bump to 2-6ms of input lag consistently for no apparent reason. no compatibility mode.

I am using a decent rig, GTX 1660 Super and i5-10400. So i do not see any probably cause of this being a hardware issue. This has happened a month or two so back and have done a full clean windows installation but still the issue is present. as op has said if i alt+f9 the fps goes back to normal but to just lag again after a while of playing.

don't know if this is the right place to reply.
Domco
Try to describe the issue as detailed as possible, when exactly does the fps drop? Is there some specific time like when there is break in the map? Or is it seemingly random? Perhaps it always happens after constant amount of time like 15 seconds? When the fps goes down, it stays down until when? It stays down until you close the game? Or is it fine if you restart the map or start a different map?
Topic Starter
maaarks

Domco wrote:

Try to describe the issue as detailed as possible, when exactly does the fps drop? Is there some specific time like when there is break in the map? Or is it seemingly random? Perhaps it always happens after constant amount of time like 15 seconds? When the fps goes down, it stays down until when? It stays down until you close the game? Or is it fine if you restart the map or start a different map?
ok. I stopped having this problem yesterday, and now my ms is between 0.3-0.5 (on unlimited) and I can't remember the last time it got laggy, I also don't know what I did to make this problem stop. but I will try to remember to help you. I can't say for sure the exact moment that this happened, but I have two recordings from my cell phone that I uploaded to YouTube as unlisted. I would say that the space in which this happened was within 5-15 seconds on a map, and yes it seemed random. when I started having this problem a while ago, the fps would drop to 80-150, and wouldn't go back to normal until I alt tab. I tried closing the game and opening it again a few times and repairing it but it didn't seem to work. I remember playing normally sometimes without having this problem and it started the moment I changed my skin. and also, before yesterday the problem was happening, but the fps was rising on its own after a while on the map.
_Rusty

Domco wrote:

The fps drops randomly and stays at 4-6ms, there is no specific time when it drops as it does so suddenly.

And from my usage there is no specific time this happens. this affects across all modes not just Standard. The fps stays locked at 4-6ms for 30 seconds -1 minute at times, sometimes goes back to normal mid map.

I can get it back to normal by either, Restarting the map, Closing the game and re launching, Recording Alt+F9 with shadowplay, pausing and going back to song select, going from song select to main menu or playing a map, (basically launching a new screen).
Domco

maaarks wrote:

Domco wrote:

ok. I stopped having this problem yesterday, and now my ms is between 0.3-0.5 (on unlimited) and I can't remember the last time it got laggy, I also don't know what I did to make this problem stop. but I will try to remember to help you. I can't say for sure the exact moment that this happened, but I have two recordings from my cell phone that I uploaded to YouTube as unlisted. I would say that the space in which this happened was within 5-15 seconds on a map, and yes it seemed random. when I started having this problem a while ago, the fps would drop to 80-150, and wouldn't go back to normal until I alt tab. I tried closing the game and opening it again a few times and repairing it but it didn't seem to work. I remember playing normally sometimes without having this problem and it started the moment I changed my skin. and also, before yesterday the problem was happening, but the fps was rising on its own after a while on the map.
do you use one of the whitecat skins by any chance? if not which skin do you use?