forum

Does playing easy maps really help with accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[GB]Foxy1459
I've been trying with easy maps like 2*-3* ranks and low-star release maps to improve my accuracy these days, but I find that as I play easy maps, I'm losing control on my finger, which results in much more miss and less 300g, I even get lower scores than 2 years ago on those maps! Before this, I usually play maps a little outside my comfort zone(93%-97%) and my accuracy improves very little (especially on ratio). I used to believe that playing more easy maps will help, but it proves to be the contrary. Should I go on with easy maps, or go back to difficult maps?
Stickman92
Maps outside your comfort range is good for exposure to new & harder patterns,
Maps around your comfort range is good for repeated exposure to familiar patterns, that tends to work well for improving acc.
Maps that are too easy is meh.

In conclusion, do maps around your comfort range, and outside your comfort range.
ERA medium kek
For me very easy maps helped with acc.
When going for ratio training I'd try to go to maps I can easily max 2 200s,
when going for PA I'd try to go for maps I can consistently fc but not insanely well acc.

The most important thing of acc training is to focus on hitting as accurate as possible and try to analyse patterns while doing so, if you just play easy maps kind of mindlessly it will not help you actively improve on it. So it can defo be that you feel mentally tired after a 90 min acc session and need a break (atleast for me that is).
UltraBlack
if you pay attention when playing then them it can for sure improve your sense of rhythm and with that make your accuracy better at least a bit, at least from what i know
TomoyaFangirl
from my experience: i tried to get 100% in 2 stars maps and i got good at doing so, then moved to 3 stars and tried to do the same with higher SR songs and i got better accuracy, but harder maps i just have skill issue
Entropy21
yes
advilraccoon
I know I’m a little late to this topic lol but honestly for me what helped improve my acc the most was playing sightly easier maps with the HR modifier on. It helped me see how off my acc was and made me improve. It might not work for you but it definitely did for me!
peacefulcat
play with HT instead