forum

[Archived] No 3/4* catch FC medal after FC'ing a map that is exactly 4*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zed_ME
Problem details:
After FC'ing this catch beatmap (beatmapsets/8836#fruits/36670) that has a star rating of 4.00 (possibly rounded from 3.9999), I did not receive the 3* nor 4* catch FC medal.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Score: scores/fruits/214891947

osu! version: Stable 20231102.5 (latest)
Blushing
More than likely is rounded from like 3.998898998 or something like that.
Topic Starter
Zed_ME
Didn't get the 3* catch FC medal from that play either.
-aster
Huh, I don't see why it wouldn't give you the medal even though you've achieved the most possible maximum combo on the map. The green text in the score you linked indicates such that. . .

The only thing I can think of other than the medal being bugged for convert maps (which probably isn't the case here bc that would be a bit silly if so, but anything is possible tbh) is that the droplets could count towards this if they're missed as they are shown to be included in the synopsis of the play:

but as someone who's played catch — the droplets really only count towards the accuracy of the play, so they shouldn't interfere with that iirc

This might seem a bit counter-intuitive, but I would try playing a short 3 or 4 star catch map and FC the map without catching some of the droplets and then again with all the droplets to see if that rewards you the medal at all. Hold off on escape keying from the results screen once you do to see if anything pops up as most medals pop up on the screen shortly after their requirements are met. No worries if you accidentally have a habit of doing this tho as the website is usually good about telling you if you have unlocked any new medals through the notification bell in the top right screen corner of the screen — so be sure to check that as well for anything new ^^^^

If you need a map, here's a new recently ranked catch map you can attempt this on if you need something that's quick to pass and test this out on: beatmapsets/2054394#fruits/4301618 (every diff up from "RUSTYY'S PLATTER" is above 3 stars, so no need to worry about doing that specific difficulty if you're not comfortable with how it's mapped and all ^^^^)
Topic Starter
Zed_ME

-aster wrote:

This might seem a bit counter-intuitive, but I would try playing a short 3 or 4 star catch map and FC the map without catching some of the droplets and then again with all the droplets to see if that rewards you the medal at all. Hold off on escape keying from the results screen once you do to see if anything pops up as most medals pop up on the screen shortly after their requirements are met. No worries if you accidentally have a habit of doing this tho as the website is usually good about telling you if you have unlocked any new medals through the notification bell in the top right screen corner of the screen — so be sure to check that as well for anything new ^^^^
Earlier today I FC'ed and even SS'ed a 3.01* (3.01* local) catch convert map with the SD mod, but the same problem still persists. I also set a FC score while missing a few drops and got the same result.

Map: beatmapsets/8226#fruits/34039
Score (SS): scores/fruits/214898080
Replay (with proof that medal is not given): https://medal.tv/games/osu/clips/1EH6KNfVlr5AzU/d1337Ak7zK4l?invite=cr-MSxKQUcsMjAyMTExODI4LA
-aster
That's odd as that play alone should have given you the medal, but perhaps the map's star rating was rounded to 3.01 stars for display purposes as the map's true star rating could very much be right under 3 stars. It is a shame, but it can happen ^^^^

Can you try FCing the map I sent a link to and tell me if the medal shows up for you then? I don't think it should give you any problems as they map is fully catch exclusive and in between the ratings of 3 ~ 4 stars, but I'm not quite sure why the first map you linked us to wouldn't award you the medal (or medals in this case) if you've FCed the map with no issues in dropping any combo. . .
Topic Starter
Zed_ME