forum

[resolved] osu closes just right after opening.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Optimize
Problem details: right as I open osu, I get an update even if opening from the application, because of the Cutting Edge version ( I suppose), but when Osu loads in, I see 3 frames of Osu opening and then it automatically closes, haven't any problems up until now and osu after closing doesn't show in the task manager.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20231120.4

Event time thingy :
.NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2023-11-20T14:04:05.2308835Z

EventRecordID 91077

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-J3B0C7F

Security

- EventData

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL.ReadPixels(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.PixelFormat, OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.PixelType, IntPtr) at #=zdU_Sz_XXhD9aS0Lb7g==.#=zVLHUYAs=() at #=z8J9ZCnuuK$T6MMEGzw==.#=z5LraQ8Jr9Amb(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zs3eYdC76gzeBPyag26WxTjI=.#=zxI49mIY=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zkVD9T8rbPSfkolW86OcgHlg=.#=zmZQTfGOhLSAIh1Sg$g==(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form) at #=zkVD9T8rbPSfkolW86OcgHlg=.#=zuWz3zbQ=() at #=z8J9ZCnuuK$T6MMEGzw==.#=zuWz3zbQ=() at #=zpoCwGHaJSnDiG71nGA==.#=zrftaQ6zxwFWw(System.String, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zpoCwGHaJSnDiG71nGA==.#=zQtiwxyM=(System.String[]) at #=zpoCwGHaJSnDiG71nGA==.#=zOPkiR2g=() at
- Marco -
It is probably due to the latest update, follow wiki/Help_centre#event-viewer and if you can send the crash report or to peppy's tweet or as a reply here
Topic Starter
Optimize
Solved! I just had to reinstall osu and copy songs and skins so it wouldn't be lost, God bless I have an SSD, but still, I think the updater bugged and tried to open a version of osu that wasn't fully updated.
Death
Just running the installer should work, no need to fully reinstall for anyone else who might happen upon this thread.