forum

[resolved] Osu keeps giving me this odd error every time i import a song to map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrrJinxx
Problem details:
the game just says "Cant move "name" into osu, file in use by another application blah blah blah" and i dont know what to do about it, it happens with multiple audio/mp3 files

it also stacks up and shows previous cleared notifications from earlier.

(edit)
osu! is the only thing open by the way

the notifications also appear everytime i join a multi or have a friend go online, someone joining a multi, getting a PM, or other things like that.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://files.catbox.moe/or3zww.png

osu! version: Stable 20231102.5 (latest)
Wimpy Cursed
I had this problem 2 or 3 days ago.

I did fix it though.

For fixing the importing, try renaming your mp3 file. You might have special characters in the name.

And for fixing the notifications, go into your osu! song folder, sort your songs by "Date modified", descending. You will find your mp3 files (maybe) and recent song folders that you imported in the game. The folders you should be looking for are the ones that have a whole lot of numbers at the start of the name. All you need to do with those folders is to delete them.
Topic Starter
MrrJinxx

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

I had this problem 2 or 3 days ago.

I did fix it though.

For fixing the importing, try renaming your mp3 file. You might have special characters in the name.

And for fixing the notifications, go into your osu! song folder, sort your songs by "Date modified", descending. You will find your mp3 files (maybe) and recent song folders that you imported in the game. The folders you should be looking for are the ones that have a whole lot of numbers at the start of the name. All you need to do with those folders is to delete them.
Wow! thanks this helped a lot!