forum

Is it skill issue that I feel like bms converts are shit to play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
guest10224
I'm new to 7k and wanted to practice rice with bms converts. I think most of them are inconsistent with a lot of difficulty spikes. At least many ranked/loved rice maps in osu are fun to play despite their difficulty. Am I just bad at this game or what.
Kasen-
haha.. you faced the same problem like me when i started play bms convert map in the past

just play more and you'll get used to it
midgy
i don't like most of them either tbh they're made for controller which makes them really awkward to play and they tend to feel very rigid and repetitive, you can try using the random mod when you play them

they are however really good for improvement because they require much more finger control/technique to be able to play properly
UltraBlack
I have been playing 7k for almost a year now and i still don't get why people say so much about bms maps. Since osu has a different kind of playstyle compared to bms the maps feel weird to play and as they said it CAN be good to improve. You don't have to play it if you don't want, from what i see it wont hurt you. Stick with what you like to play instead of what people tell you to.
Ryu Sei
BMS converts are made with arcade controller in mind, hence the different map style.
-NoName-
The difficulty spikes in BMS charts can be traced back to difficulty spikes on IIDX charts causing people to fail (and therefore possibly getting them to spend more money in attempts to clear the charts).

While BMS charts are mostly made with arcade controller in mind, keyboard play is very prevalent in the BMS scene. The random mod is widely used on almost all charts except for speed/delay.

They are very good for improvement if you play them enough.