forum

How do you make Ranked GDs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gsun
Yeah, just asking because I highly doubt there are guides anywhere that tell me a specific process for this and that makes things really confusing for me. Or can any of you provide guides along with tips?
Jason X
To my understanding, the process is not any different from ranking a map without GDs

- You create the Difficulty.
- you send it to the owner of the Set.
- The owner uploads your diff as GD.
- The whole set gets modded and eventually qualified & ranked.
Since the whole set reaches ranked status this means your GD will also reach it.
Essentially, any guide on how to rank a map also goes for guest difficulties, just that the Guest Mapper and the Set owner have to "cooperate".

: osu!wiki Beatmap ranking procedure
: (YouTube: pishifat) osu!mapping: ranking process modding v1 (outdated) and modding v2 starting from 5:05 in the video.

Feel free to correct me if I got the wrong idea.
lewski

Jason X wrote:

- You create the Difficulty.
- you send it to the owner of the Set.
do note that sending ppl unrequited gds is super weird, u should always ask first if u want to make a gd for a set

beyond that yea u just make a gd for someone and they rank the set, nothing special about it

also fwiw i ended up making a lot of my gds by responding to people asking for gds in public, asking ppl if u can gd for them isnt the only way to get to make gds by any means
semaphore

lewski wrote:

do note that sending ppl unrequited gds is super weird, u should always ask first if u want to make a gd for a set
I thought to myself "that still sounds kinda weird. 99% of the time people will ask you themselves", and then I realized I completely forgot what it's like to be a new mapper. I'm too old for this shit.
Drum-Hitnormal
find a qualified map that starts with a normal diff

make easy gd and send it to mapper as a problem post

easy rank

if mapper reject your gd, send a content review for bg for some reason like this hand or feet is too sexual, until mapper agree

or find a ranked mapper who has done a name change and you change ur name to their old name ,so their map is urs now

its joke btw