forum

[Archived] Edited a map and can't change it back.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ApexReap
Problem details:
So i edited a map and deleted all of the notes before the part where i had a problem with to practice. I saved the beatmap afterwards and started practicing, when i wanted to revert it back so i could play ranked but i dont know how. I tried to delete the edited version and download the beatmap again but it added all the other difficulties instead of the one i had edited. please help
Jason X
It's recommended to make a new difficulty (with a different name) when editing a map for practice, this way you have both the original and the edited ones.
Under File choose "Create new difficulty...", then enter a new difficulty name and when asked "Would you want to clear all objects" choose "No", you can edit the difficulty to your liking without overwriting the original one.

ApexReap wrote:

I tried to delete the edited version and download the beatmap again but it added all the other difficulties instead of the one i had edited.
The original set (which you downloaded again) does not include your edited versions, as those are only saved locally on your PC, they should be in your Recycle bin (unless you emptied that one).
Note: If you restore the edited versions, they will overwrite the original ones again (as I assume you did not give them different difficulty names when editing them.

I hope this helps, if not let me know
Topic Starter
ApexReap
I tried restoring it from the recycle bin but it wasnt there. The only ones that were there were the edited ones. Is there another way i can restore it or did i just lose the song.
rematyar
Just redownload the song, and you're good to go.