forum

[Archived] Audio keeps getting Desynced/Delayed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
veirakk
The more I tab in and out of Osu!, the more my audio desyncs from the circles whenever i try to play the game, I'm not sure why this happens. Is this a common issue? Incase it matters. I play with compatibility mode on, this hasn't happened to me before I started using compatibility mode as a way to fix my ingame lag spikes.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Blushing
Are you using wired or bluetooth headphones? Make sure that your audio drivers don't have any enhancements on them or you may need to see if you have any updates for your OS or audio drivers.

simply put you can also try disabling compatibility mode, but like you said that causes some lag spikes so it might be best to not disable that.
Topic Starter
veirakk
Currently using a wired HyperX Headset, no enhancements, and no updates available. And yeah I would try to disable compatibility mode but i'll start lag spiking hard again. One thing I can mention though, being the problem gets temporarily fixed whenever I change/reset the ingame audio output or restart my game. But only temporary. the more i ALT TAB the worse it gets.
Blushing
Not entirely sure but does your monitor have an audio output? If so, does plugging your headset into there seem to help the issue any?
Topic Starter
veirakk
Nope no audio output from my monitor. Even though weirdly there's a port here, I'm pretty much deaf when plugging my headset in there.